Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Odd choice as I thought the interim was being praised for his moves?

Will be interesting to see if they get Bowman who had pretty good first few drafts, etc or the guy who would repeatedly trade away young talent for inexplicable reasons and drafted poorly in 2nd half of his tenure

I also expected it would be Q that would get 2nd chance not Bowman. At least with Q your hiring one of the greatest coaches in NHL history

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
At this point it seems part of the Oilers strategy is to acquire all the people no one else will touch and hope they are good enough to make it look like a good move. Sure makes them easy to root against though
They're like somewhat trying the Vegas strategy (acquiring rejects that end up proving everyone else wrong), but with executives (though bowman is a terrible person so i guess there's that that's different)

Dakine

Jan 30, 2024
Jesus. Reminds me of my grade 10 year. Just like that, the off season grade goes from A+ to F.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
From a on ice standpoint he’s a great GM

He had a good 1st half as Hawks GM but went downhill after 2015

He also had horrible tendency to trade away promising young talent for inexplicable reasons which largely negated his positive drafting of early years as Hawks GM

He is largely the reason the Hawks contending window slammed shut and team went into gutter

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I admit I dont know enough what's going on with Oilers management, but Jeff Jackson was interim GM for couple of months, right? And on paper at least, he managed to make couple of good trades for them. So why bring in someone like Bowman?
I have to imagine Jackson didn't want it, otherwise I don't get why not just stick with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad