GDT: Oilers @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivingrain

Jan 17, 2021
View attachment 611075

The Devils keep getting bounces they don’t deserve. The 2nd goal where Skinner gives the puck away makes me wonder if this is all scripted and the league wants the Devils to win.

I had NHLN rolling on one of the TVs.

I thought they made a good point: that goal to them was not lucky but instead Devils hockey 100%. Speedy, aggressive fore-checking at ALL times against the goalie, against anyone. And they said just one step of hesitation would have not resulted in the goal.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It's a two cigar night baby!
Smokin on that McDavid pack

EDIg.gif

Camille the Eel

Two observations - Ruff shaking up the lines by moving Mercer up with Nico in the 2d period was the turning point of the game. He’s been pushing the perfect buttons during games. I didn’t think much of Lindy as an X’s and O’s and systems guy before this season. But for an in game coach with an intuitive feel behind the bench, this run has been a thing of beauty to watch.

Second, our quick response in the third with Tatars goal so quickly giving us back the commanding lead after Nugent Hopkins made it a one goal game. We have been so good at responding quickly after other teams score. Throughout this streak.

And what can you say about Vanacek? The difference in this game.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not saying this to shit on Lindy or take any credit away from him...... But we are basically last year's Panthers now.

And not because I don't think Lindy Ruff is good enough for a 13 game winning streak, but because this team looks A LOT like last year's Panthers.

I really believe Brunette is more hands-on with this team than almost any assistant (or other ''Associate'') coach in the entire league.

I just think Brunette has more influence on this team than most any other assistant or associate coach in the league, because this team looks a lot like last year's Panthers and this year's Panthers clearly don't look like last year's Panthers. Maurice's Panthers are different from Brunette's Panthers.

If I'm right and Brunette REALLY is steering this ship more than any other assistant/associate typically does, then I don't think Fitz is gonna let him leave. He'll shit or get off the pot and Brunette will be the head coach, with Lindy either staying on in some other kind of front office/special assignment role or potentially swapping places with Brunette and being demoted to assistant.

I admit that last option of them trading places is just a fantasy I have and it hardly ever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad