Oilers Development Camp

Eager4oil

Jul 29, 2011
was there...wasn't much other than some half-ice mini games so really hard to get a read on anyone

-Broberg is advertised...excellent skater, some decent shots and nice little tip at the goal-mouth for a goal
-Bouchard is so cool out there, and has great offensive instincts. You can tell when he's out there, a man among boys
-was the most impressed with Ryan McLeod...the guy is an amazing skater today and accelerates quickly. The only thing that will keep him out of the NHL will be his lack of offense cause he smart enough defensively and his skating is upper echelon NHL quality
-Lavoie is a big boy...has a nice release too on his shots and a better skater than I thought
-Siikanen look good to with a couple of nice goals

other than that, tough to evaluate anything based on a June camp where half ice mini games were occuring

place was packed, saw Tippett hanging out with Stauffer and Spector, but no Holland...maybe on the phone working deals ;)

I saw Holland, he was upstairs in a room with kretzky and a couple other suits (one guy that kinda looked like Bob Green). Also, I thought I'd add that hebig was really noticeable (good speed, shot, and stick handling). And I thought lavoie was the most skilled player on the ice with the Puck. Other than that I agreed with your post.

On a side note it was hilarious that Cairns threw like 4 hits during the scrimmages lol. Literally every time there was a hit or accidental hit, it turned out to be Cairns.

Reactions: DecadeofDarkness

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
was there...wasn't much other than some half-ice mini games so really hard to get a read on anyone

-Broberg is advertised...excellent skater, some decent shots and nice little tip at the goal-mouth for a goal
-Bouchard is so cool out there, and has great offensive instincts. You can tell when he's out there, a man among boys
-was the most impressed with Ryan McLeod...the guy is an amazing skater today and accelerates quickly. The only thing that will keep him out of the NHL will be his lack of offense cause he smart enough defensively and his skating is upper echelon NHL quality
-Lavoie is a big boy...has a nice release too on his shots and a better skater than I thought

other than that, tough to evaluate anything based on a June camp where half ice mini games were occuring

place was packed, saw Tippett hanging out with Stauffer and Spector, but no Holland...maybe on the phone working deals ;)
I’m really excited to see what McLeod will do next season. Just from stat watching him in the OHL I was a little concerned with his season, but he was a force when he joined Bakersfield for the playoffs. He was noticeable every time he was on the ice and was driving play. Might be a guy who’s game is better suited for the pro game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers in NS

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Lavoie had a nice sequence, showing off his puck protection skills.
Kesselring is huge.
McLeod looked really meh out there yesterday.
Hebig was flying out there yesterday.
Ward had some nice moments with the puck.

Reactions: KYams17

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Didn't end up going, glad I didn't in that case. Been to a few of these before and they usually involve a mock up game. I was wondering about that though as they had limited players and then had others go down with injury. So it did seem they would have some trouble getting a full game on. Could they not have moved to 3 on 3 or something, f ull ice, just for fan interest to see something?

Thanks for the report but disappointing they had no Joey Moss cup.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Where did I say that, and what does that have to do with Bob doing the teams dirty work and throwing a soon to be former member of the team under the bus?

IMO, "soon to be former member of the team" is not accurate unless Holland doesn't care what he gets back.

He will play here or Europe next year. His choice.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Question for y'all.

Sorry I don't follow prospects as much as I should but is there a reason Perrson (sp?) is not here?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Question for y'all.

Sorry I don't follow prospects as much as I should but is there a reason Perrson (sp?) is not here?

Probably because he's sort of like Nygard in that he's older and has played professionally in Sweden.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Good point. I liked Pitlick as well. Injuries were frequent with him
I’m worried now with Makismov, Samourkov , Yamamoto getting injured I have big hopes for Makismov. I think he could be quite a sniper
Pitlick is mostly injury free since he left the Oilers.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Pitlick is mostly injury free since he left the Oilers.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5