Oilers Development Camp

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
C Ryan McLeod, 19, 2018 #40, 2nd camp.
Big, fast, skilled. On Wednesday he shone in one-on-one drills in open ice; whether he started with the puck or without it, he won the majority of his battles. Skating a real plus. Scott Howson said in a radio interview on Tuesday that McLeod had been working on his positional play, with an emphasis on going deeper into the defensive zone to support the d-men rather than shortcutting for the easy breakout. A good reminder that it is not just physical skill that needs to mature in young players.

I like hearing that.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
And Safin has a separated shoulder which is why he’s not here.

What a horrible season for him.

Its been a downhill slide since last year for him. I had big hopes for him. I was at game when he did shoulder. I think it was his first shift in game

Reactions: LaGu

North

Jun 25, 2009
Its been a downhill slide since last year for him. I had big hopes for him. I was at game when he did shoulder. I think it was his first shift in game

I’m hoping once he’s healed up he’ll be able to recover his status as a prospect but this lost season definitely sets him back.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I’m hoping once he’s healed up he’ll be able to recover his status as a prospect but this lost season definitely sets him back.

Great size and he plays the off-wing. I had visions of him and Puju a great line between Drai. Those visions are now gone.
Saifin had great numbers in Saint John on a terrible team

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Great size and he plays the off-wing. I had visions of him and Puju a great line between Drai. Those visions are now gone.
Saifin had great numbers in Saint John on a terrible team

Sad really. His size and skating screamed Pitlick 2.0 and like Pitlick... those injuries did him in.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
C Ryan McLeod, 19, 2018 #40, 2nd camp.
Big, fast, skilled. On Wednesday he shone in one-on-one drills in open ice; whether he started with the puck or without it, he won the majority of his battles. Skating a real plus. Scott Howson said in a radio interview on Tuesday that McLeod had been working on his positional play, with an emphasis on going deeper into the defensive zone to support the d-men rather than shortcutting for the easy breakout. A good reminder that it is not just physical skill that needs to mature in young players.

I like hearing that.

I remember hearing that he worked really hard on the defensive aspect of his game this year and was put in position of being the shutdown center and relished the role.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just to be good community partners the Oilers schedule the Billy Mooores cup at EXACTLY the same time as the Eskimos game..

At least its not a home Eskimos tilt.

I could see a lot of kids finished school that will want to be heading off to this scrimmage game. Could be pretty packed.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Sad really. His size and skating screamed Pitlick 2.0 and like Pitlick... those injuries did him in.

Good point. I liked Pitlick as well. Injuries were frequent with him
I’m worried now with Makismov, Samourkov , Yamamoto getting injured I have big hopes for Makismov. I think he could be quite a sniper

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Team White (McPhee, Hebig, Kesselring, Brind’Amour, Blumel, Ward) defeats Team Orange (Broberg, Bouchard, Kemp, Huttl, Cairns) 2-1. Weird teams.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
was there...wasn't much other than some half-ice mini games so really hard to get a read on anyone

-Broberg is advertised...excellent skater, some decent shots and nice little tip at the goal-mouth for a goal
-Bouchard is so cool out there, and has great offensive instincts. You can tell when he's out there, a man among boys
-was the most impressed with Ryan McLeod...the guy is an amazing skater today and accelerates quickly. The only thing that will keep him out of the NHL will be his lack of offense cause he smart enough defensively and his skating is upper echelon NHL quality
-Lavoie is a big boy...has a nice release too on his shots and a better skater than I thought
-Siikanen look good to with a couple of nice goals

other than that, tough to evaluate anything based on a June camp where half ice mini games were occuring

place was packed, saw Tippett hanging out with Stauffer and Spector, but no Holland...maybe on the phone working deals ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad