Oilers CEO to hold press conference shortly

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Or I could just laugh at you and move on.

Fans like you who don't question the team or criticize them are one of the reasons that this team is unsuccessful and these morons in the OEG think they can keep saying they can do evaluations forever. They got you guys right in the palm of their hands eating up whatever crap they feed you.

Well hey buddy, you enjoy eating those Katz turds.
Cool you really need to laugh , better than whining

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
You keep talking and I'll keep laughing.
qXX6pD9.gif

Reactions: MC2D

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I know Oiler fans don't want to hear this, but McDavid will ask for a trade out if things don't shape up, and quick. He's a competitor, he will not sit and tolerate a losing team for very long. I'd be worried about the state of the team if I were a fan

McDavid is untradeable. If he asks for a trade he will want to go to where he can win a cup and no contending team will blow up their competitive roster and depth to add one player no matter how good they are, and that's without factoring in cap space. Not only that, Oilers hold all the cards. Most McDavid can do is sit out and get suspended and not paid. He is stuck there for 8 years.

I don't blame Oilers fans at all so please don't take this as an insult to you, but f*** the Oilers for ruining this kids career so far. Absolute embarrassment.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Or I could just laugh at you and move on.

Fans like you who don't question the team or criticize them are one of the reasons that this team is unsuccessful and these morons in the OEG think they can keep saying they can do evaluations forever. They got you guys right in the palm of their hands eating up whatever crap they feed you.

Well hey buddy, you enjoy eating those Katz turds.

Let’s be real, every year on HF Oil there are people who announce they are done with the team and.....keep returning.

You’re no different and you’ll do the same.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
McDavid is untradeable. If he asks for a trade he will want to go to where he can win a cup and no contending team will blow up their competitive roster and depth to add one player no matter how good they are, and that's without factoring in cap space. Not only that, Oilers hold all the cards. Most McDavid can do is sit out and get suspended and not paid. He is stuck there for 8 years.

I don't blame Oilers fans at all so please don't take this as an insult to you, but **** the Oilers for ruining this kids career so far. Absolute embarrassment.
Nope. Gretzky was traded. Lindros was. Yzerman almost was. It can happen.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

I don't blame Oilers fans at all so please don't take this as an insult to you, but **** the Oilers for ruining this kids career so far. Absolute embarrassment.
Mcdavid is def tradable the oilers would just be idiots to do it.

If you're trading a 12 million dollar player you're getting a bunch of cap back.

La kopitar and a plug. Hawks toews/ Kane and a plug . Montreal price and whoever . It's not that hard to fit.

If you honestly think if mcdavid was for sale that 30 other teams wouldnt be calling chia idk what to tell you

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
You won’t.

You just watch me.

<shakes tiny fists into the air>

In all seriousness, the org is a clown show, last year was a fluke, prepare for more pain and suffering. As long as OBC is running the show, it'll never get fixed. Very sad realization. You can only hope for the best for so long before you realize there's a pattern there. Even McDavid won't be able to save us from this mess.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
You just watch me.

In all seriousness, the org is a clown show, last year was a fluke, prepare for more pain and suffering. As long as OBC is running the show, it'll never get fixed. Very sad realization. You can only hope for the best for so long before you realize there's a pattern there. Even McDavid won't be able to save us from this mess.

I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I believe this year was the fluke year, not last year.

Last year they had very sustainable numbers. This year, they started fine for possession, but still ended tenth for Corsi%. Yet, for PDO they were near last at 27th.

In 2016-17, they posted slightly worse Corsi numbers, but a PDO that sat at near 100 and 9th in the NHL.

Last year, the Oilers had an on ice shooting percentage of 9.5, but it dipped to 8.3 for 25th in the NHL.

This year, the Oilers had a lousy shooting percentage early on, sub par goaltending, awful special teams, and some key injuries to Draisaitl, Klefbom, Larsson, Sekera. I'm betting the Oilers are able to bounce back to a playoff spot: some regression was expected but not regression that bad.

However, with all that said, there is some valid critism to PC. In 2016, he traded Hall for Larsson and then signs Lucic. Alright, on paper, I get the moves because you traded Hall to fill a hole and try to fill the 1LW with Lucic. Yeah, Hall is much better than both of them, but at least PC tried to fill some holes.

Yet, the 2017 off season there were no holes that were filled, but rather created: Eberle traded for Strome, with a hope that someone could step up. It never happened. Safe bet like Jokinen was traded for Cammerleri who scored what, three goals with the Oilers?

Sekera was clearly injured and was going to be a shadow of his former self, but there was no replacement.

I get people are cynical and "notice a pattern" but I really don't believe that this season was a sign of things to come. Yeah, the Oilers have some holes to fill and some reasonable criticism for sure, but I think it's foolish to stomp your feet and say you've had enough when the Oilers have had much worse seasons.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I'd also like to add to the people suggesting that McDavid will demand out or get traded in the near future and how Oilers fans should be scared.

Kindly get the f*** out with that thinking. There's no reasonable line of thought.

Nope. Gretzky was traded. Lindros was. Yzerman almost was. It can happen.

Yes, lets see, Gretzky was traded in 1988 because of financial reasons. Lindros was traded in 2001 because of a spat with ownership over health issues.

Yeah, those are really comparable and recent examples.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I don't see how they are ruining his career. He has back to back Art Ross trophies and is already regarded as a top 2/3 player in the league.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'd also like to add to the people suggesting that McDavid will demand out or get traded in the near future and how Oilers fans should be scared.

Kindly get the **** out with that thinking. There's no reasonable line of thought.

Yes, lets see, Gretzky was traded in 1988 because of financial reasons. Lindros was traded in 2001 because of a spat with ownership over health issues.

Thornton was traded. Heatley was traded. Weber was traded. Subban was traded.

Lots of stars were traded.

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I believe this year was the fluke year, not last year.

Last year they had very sustainable numbers. This year, they started fine for possession, but still ended tenth for Corsi%. Yet, for PDO they were near last at 27th.

In 2016-17, they posted slightly worse Corsi numbers, but a PDO that sat at near 100 and 9th in the NHL.

Last year, the Oilers had an on ice shooting percentage of 9.5, but it dipped to 8.3 for 25th in the NHL.

This year, the Oilers had a lousy shooting percentage early on, sub par goaltending, awful special teams, and some key injuries to Draisaitl, Klefbom, Larsson, Sekera. I'm betting the Oilers are able to bounce back to a playoff spot: some regression was expected but not regression that bad.

However, with all that said, there is some valid critism to PC. In 2016, he traded Hall for Larsson and then signs Lucic. Alright, on paper, I get the moves because you traded Hall to fill a hole and try to fill the 1LW with Lucic. Yeah, Hall is much better than both of them, but at least PC tried to fill some holes.

Yet, the 2017 off season there were no holes that were filled, but rather created: Eberle traded for Strome, with a hope that someone could step up. It never happened. Safe bet like Jokinen was traded for Cammerleri who scored what, three goals with the Oilers?

Sekera was clearly injured and was going to be a shadow of his former self, but there was no replacement.

I get people are cynical and "notice a pattern" but I really don't believe that this season was a sign of things to come. Yeah, the Oilers have some holes to fill and some reasonable criticism for sure, but I think it's foolish to stomp your feet and say you've had enough when the Oilers have had much worse seasons.

I think it's a combination. The last two year's the Oilers should have been a bubble team. Last year everything went right, hardly any injuries, a hot goaltender,etc. Unfortunately management was content with this and did absolutely nothing during the offseason to improve the team. They actually made the team worse and expected all of the young players to take a step forward in development. Unacceptable mistake. This year everything that could go wrong did, injuries, goalie had an off year, special teams were abysmal. Some how the Oilers set the all time record for least PP attempts in an 82-game season even though McDavid is mauled through the neutral zone every time. The offseason going into McDavid's final year of his ELC should have been seen as the most important one, everything is only going to get harder to manage from here on out. For that reason Chiarelli should have been fired.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Oilers set the all time record for least PP attempts in an 82-game season even though McDavid is mauled through the neutral zone every time.

Most penalties are drawn from a good cycle in the offensive zone. Oilers are poor at cycling so it's no surprise that they draw few penalties. Same with McDavid

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
Most penalties are drawn from a good cycle in the offensive zone. Oilers are poor at cycling so it's no surprise that they draw few penalties. Same with McDavid
The Oilers 5vs5 puck possession stats increased across the board this year from last. They are a middle of the pack team in that regards. No reason their powerplay totals should have been that low.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Agree to disagree, Tad. I have zero faith in this club and it is well earned plus years of compound interest.

My gut feeling is that things are going to get a whole lot worse than they already are and we are about to enter the third dark age. A poster above rightly said that the only reason we did so well last year was because pretty much everything went right for us making us look better than we actually are and then Chia and the boys went full Dunning-Kruger. I only watch like everyone else for one reason: McDavid.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007

Kindly get the **** out with that thinking. There's no reasonable line of thought.

Thornton was traded. Heatley was traded. Weber was traded. Subban was traded.

Lots of stars were traded.

None of those guys are at the same Calibur as McDavid, nor the same age.

Thornton was nearly 13 years ago. That’s not very recent.
When was the last time a Canadian team won the cup? McDavid should take control of his career and if the Oilers don't show a marked improvement in 3/4 years, then he should deal with that.
Agree to disagree, Tad. I have zero faith in this club and it is well earned plus years of compound interest.

My gut feeling is that things are going to get a whole lot worse than they already are and we are about to enter the third dark age. A poster above rightly said that the only reason we did so well last year was because pretty much everything went right for us making us look better than we actually are and then Chia and the boys went full Dunning-Kruger. I only watch like everyone else for one reason: McDavid.
Agreed. I want him to succeed in Edmonton, but the management is not allowing that to happen obviously.

Reactions: Slicknitty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad