Proposal: Oilers bring back KOSTIN !!!

oil10

Jun 15, 2012
Klim Kostin was a great player for the Oilers and the Oil could use another tough player (seeing that it looks like Kane he will be on LTIR, if not traded).

3-way trade for Cap reasons

SJS; 2026 3rd round pick ($1M retained)

CHI; 2025 6th round pick ($5ooK retained)

EDM; Kostin (cap hit of $5ooK )

Great player for the Oilers to have on the 4th line and a player who will drop the gloves when needed ............ which the Oilers are lacking big time !!!

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Klim Kostin was a great player for the Oilers and the Oil could use another tough player (seeing that it looks like Kane he will be on LTIR, if not traded).

CHI; 2025 6th round pick ($5ooM retained)

EDM; Kostin (cap hit of $5ooM )

Great player for the Oilers to have on the 4th line and a player who will drop the gloves when needed ............ which the Oilers are lacking big time !!!
Sharks can't retain and probably have little interest in a 3rd round pick two years from now over a prime-aged player that finished the season strong for them. They're going to see what they have with him in a more competitive lineup before making decisions.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

$500M for Kostin seems a little high.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Sharks need more to give up a beast like Kostin, a beast who would thrive playing alongside Mcdavid or Draisaitl just imagine! What can you add??

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Sharks have 0 retention slots this year and the way Kostin finished last year you would think they'd want to see what they get out of him this year rather than selling now

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Even if the Sharks had a retention slot, I don't think you can retain a player to the point where his cap hit ($500k) is less than league minimum ($775k).

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

San Jose has no retention slots left and you can only retain 50%.

You have to look at actual dollars not cap spscr in deciding pick got money.

At the deadline around $500,000 in real dollars cost a 2nd round pick.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I love Kostin, but idk where he fits. Lineup seems full, with or without Kane.

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Kane-Henrique-Holloway
Janmark-Ryan-Brown
Perry-Lavoie

If anything a 4C might fit better, but that might end up being a deadline add. Maybe if Kane is out, a cheap Kostin could be a better option than Perry/Lavoie, but not sure that's a priority at all.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Doesn't fit the 4th line, also makes no sense for other teams. Edmonton can't be bleeding future draft capital for a guy who will be in press box most of the season/playoffs

oil10

Jun 15, 2012
** Fixed my dollar mix up ..... $500M to the proper $500K

Also, the lineup is looking good already but the Oilers are still in Cap issues so they need to either trade Kane or place him on LTIR. So with him out of the lineup, you could have Kostin slotted on the 3rd line or move Janmark up and place Kostin on the 4th line.

Other trade ......

EDM; Kostin (3rd team retains $1M)

SJS; Ceci

3rd Team; 3rd/4th round pick (retaining $1M)

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Also, the lineup is looking good already but the Oilers are still in Cap issues so they need to either trade Kane or place him on LTIR. So with him out of the lineup, you could have Kostin slotted on the 3rd line or move Janmark up and place Kostin on the 4th line.

Other trade ......

SJS; Ceci

With what are you bribing San Jose to take Ceci?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Even if the Sharks had a retention slot, I don't think you can retain a player to the point where his cap hit ($500k) is less than league minimum ($775k).

I'm pretty sure the Oilers did this with Bjugstad a couple of years ago, his effective cap hit for the Oilers was like 400k after retention. NHL doesn't care so long as the pre-retention value is above the league min.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Other trade ......

SJS; Ceci

The Sharks are only going to be interested in moving Kostin for Ceci if they're able to move either Rutta or Benning and get a 2nd round pick out of it. Ceci isn't going to be seen as an upgrade over Rutta, Benning, or Emberson on the right side worth giving up Kostin for.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Other trade ......

SJS; Ceci

Why would sharks take on Ceci?

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Imagine thinking you can ice a player with a 500k cap hit

I'm pretty sure the Oilers did this with Bjugstad a couple of years ago, his effective cap hit for the Oilers was like 400k after retention. NHL doesn't care so long as the pre-retention value is above the league min.
Maybe because that might’ve been what he was owed at the deadline, you cannot go below league min.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad