GDT: Oilers at Hurricanes | March 16, 3 PM | Fox Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
4XivlX2.png

This season for the Hurricanes has been much like the railroad to Rock Ridge. It has been long and arduous, fraught with twists and turns and ups and downs. However, the long days and lonely nights were always worth it because we had hope of a brighter future. That was until after the Olympic Break when suddenly we hit...

oVgKvmL.jpg

Eric and Jordan Staal

Meanwhile, the Oilers have slogged through (what seems like) their 19th consecutive losing season as they continue to squander the opportunities afforded to them by their favorable draft positions in years past. Allegations of mismanagement run rampant.

08Ofxjt.jpg

Dallas Eakins, Kevin Lowe, and... wait, what was the question?

Both teams' seasons can be summarized quite simply.

However, Dallas Eakins has tried to get his boys to get the results they're looking for. Before they set out for Raleigh, he gave a stirring speech, in which he implored the Oilers to, "go do that voodoo that you do so well."

Pb4jtoG.jpg

"You will only be risking your lives, whilst I will be risking an almost certain Jack Adams award nomination for coach of the year."

Inspired by his rousing call, the Oilers headed on. Today, they arrived via the Le Petomane Thruway. Nail Yakupov had to go back to Edmonton to get a ****load of dimes.

vnNnMMl.jpg

(From left)Sam Gagner, Justin Schultz, and Andrew Ference looking for loose change

Meanwhile, the Hurricanes were busy building a fake PNC Arena, so that when the Oilers beat them it will be a fake victory. But they'll think that it's a real victory, but we'll know that it's a fake victory.

Inevitably, however, the result will look like this.

Dy4HHtD.gif

You know, Eric Staal and Jeff Skinner have really developed some chemistry

Here's a shot in the dark at the lines. I wasn't really paying attention the Bruins game, so I'm relying solely on dailyfaceoff.com. I'm guessing Khudobin gets the start, but I won't be around to keep this updated. I trust that the good people of HF can keep the group informed of any line changes.

6L0vWue.jpg

Carolina

Skinner - E. Staal - Lindholm
Tlusty - J. Staal - Semin
Gerbe - Nash - Dwyer
Loktionov - Malhotra - Dvorak

Sekera - Faulk
Hainsey - Bellemore
Harrison - Murphy

Khudobin
Ward

i94jF65.jpg

Edmonton

Yakupov - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Hall - Gagner - Perron
Hendricks - Gordon - Joensuu
Gadzic - Smyth - Jones

Fraser - Schultz
Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Ference (Is their captain really on the 3rd pairing? Yikes)

Scrivens
Fasth

Oh, and it's Military Appreciation Night. Thank you, soldiers.

Last edited:

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Two men in dark clothing will visit you shortly. Your re-education will begin soon after.

And I probably shouldn't make any more GDTs. They've dropped 7 of the 9 credited to me. Then again, if we're tanking, maybe I should make every one.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
If we win the next 12...we could do this! If this sounds familiar, might be cuz its what we said 8 of last 10 seasons. And no, just cuz JR has been the lowest denominator, he's not a bad GM!

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
A win would be nice but from here on out losses won't bother me much. Really wish they'd call up a couple of the Charlotte guys and give them a bit of a tryout.

Also solid GDT. It been way too long since I saw Blazing Saddles last. I'm gonna have to go on a Mel Brooks binge one of these weekends.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I know that this season is yet another lost cause, but that doesn't mean we have to lose to the Oilers (again), for God's sake.

caniac315

Nov 21, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Wheels on the bus go round and round, unless, or course, you are the Carolina Hurricanes. In that case, your wheels just fall off every spring. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad