Confirmed with Link: Oilers acquire Roby Jarventie and 4th round pick for Xavier Bourgualt and Jake Chiasson

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Seems the new kid has a good shot.
So why not, maybe he pans out...had a knee injury last year, hopefully he is healthy.

Reactions: McDoused

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Saw limited clips of his on YT. Kid seems to love to shoot the puck, has a good onetimer and takes a fair bit of draws too. I wonder if we see him as a LW or a center? My initial thought is that we got bigger and found a guy that likes to shoot the puck. I really got down on Bourgault so it won't take much to convince me that this was an upgrade.

Reactions: Canovin

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Looking forward to hearing about what Jarventie is like. I have Bourgault in my keeper league and knew the writing was on the wall. He just doesn't have it. In JJ we trust, I suppose. Would like to know where and how this trade came about. Would like to heap on some more praise for JJ if it's deserving

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Saw limited clips of his on YT. Kid seems to love to shoot the puck, has a good onetimer and takes a fair bit of draws too. I wonder if we see him as a LW or a center? My initial thought is that we got bigger and found a guy that likes to shoot the puck. I really got down on Bourgault so it won't take much to convince me that this was an upgrade.

Apparently he's been playing center.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Good thing, otherwise I was thinking that they must really, really like him.
Yeah hopefully his injuries are behind him. Seems intriguing.

I was actually looking at Bakersfield's projected forward group thinking "damn, there's a lot of right shot guys here."

Good.move. I think Hamblin and Cagguila are their only real left shot option for call up. Right shot is Savoie, Lavoie, Pederson, Philp.

Last edited:

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Dang.

Fairly low stakes but I feel like the Oilers came out somewhat on the wrong side of this one. XB definitely stagnated in his development, but I remember how amazing he looked in his first camps.

My guess is that he asked to be moved to somewhere he'd have a better chance to make the team.

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
Sens fans in the main thread said he played mainly C in the AHL this past season. Several pluses in his devt over Borg for sure, risk appears to be with injury after he had season ending knee surgery and appears wont be ready for training camp.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It sounds like Jarventie has had injury issues. It sure seems like between Savoie and Jarventie that we value talent above durability especially for the young guys. Hopefully both players can stay healthy going forward and contribute for us for a long, long time.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Looking forward to hearing about what Jarventie is like. I have Bourgault in my keeper league and knew the writing was on the wall. He just doesn't have it. In JJ we trust, I suppose. Would like to know where and how this trade came about. Would like to heap on some more praise for JJ if it's deserving

Jarventie is a toolsy but frustrating player. He has good size, good mobility, a great shot and solid puck skills. He has all the tools to be a good player, and yet he's long had a tendency to disappear into the background of games. Part of the reason for trying him at centre, and why it seemed to be working out well, was that it forced him to be involved, and when he's involved and engaged, he can do good things.

I'm guessing the Sens management didn't see him sticking as a centre at the NHL level, at least in their organization, and didn't love his game on the wing (hence the change in position), so he became expendable.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
O’Reilly, Matt Copponi, and James Stefan made Bourgault, Chiasson and Tullio expendable

Ad

Ad

Ad