OT: 2023-2024 NCAA Hockey Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I was just thinking the same thing, college hockey is just not the same.
If I’m being real, the only part I truly miss about the WCHA is playing meaningful games against North Dakota and Denver. I’ll take the big ten matchups over Anchorage/Omaha/smaller Minnesota school matchups.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
It's just not the same, never will be, glad I got to experience what I did. The big vs small schools made it all the better.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's just not the same, never will be, glad I got to experience what I did. The big vs small schools made it all the better.
Maybe for people in Minnesota it was, with 5 Minnesota schools (now 6 with St Thomas).

I’m fine with playing the smaller schools. But they were never a driver for a ton of excitement.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe for people in Minnesota it was, with 5 Minnesota schools (now 6 with St Thomas).

I’m fine with playing the smaller schools. But they were never a driver for a ton of excitement.
maybe not for you in Madison, but the games in the Twin Cities against Duluth, Mankato (once they got good), and the Huskies got quite a lot of excitement here, though nothing topped the Sioux. Fans would come in droves for a weekend/game here, and loved to stick it to the Gophers when they visited them. Classic David v Goliath stuff.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
maybe not for you in Madison, but the games in the Twin Cities against Duluth, Mankato (once they got good), and the Huskies got quite a lot of excitement here, though nothing topped the Sioux. Fans would come in droves for a weekend/game here, and loved to stick it to the Gophers when they visited them. Classic David v Goliath stuff.
That’s what I’m saying though. It’s only relevant to the people in Minnesota. It’s like Wisconsin vs Marquette in basketball. Relevant to the people in the state, but nobody outside of the state cares.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That’s what I’m saying though. It’s only relevant to the people in Minnesota. It’s like Wisconsin vs Marquette in basketball. Relevant to the people in the state, but nobody outside of the state cares.
Man, you guys sure spell market funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad