Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Sharks 3 - Hitch a ride to McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I know people bang the "he must center his own line!" thing, but Leon is on pace for 100+ points right now.

He simply has great chemistry with McDavid, I think we're just going to have to try to manage the whole one-line team thing.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Didn't get to see anything on the pp which was literally the thing I was mainly looking to see during the game. Dumb reffing call ticky tack slashes and than completely ignore San Jose doing the exact same thing in the third because it was a tie game.

I thought every line had good shifts but Nuges/Khaira(pre-Mcdavid) were pretty poore. Koskinen has to have the starting job now, right? Drai is gonna break 90 pts if he remains on that line. Put Benning on waivers and call up Bear we desperately need more puck movers and less liabilities at all times out there (looking at you Benning).

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Thicc Daddy just threw Rattie a bone in his interview....i guess he doesnt mind him.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
McDavid was a monster tonight. Draisaitl too.

Koskinen came up huge on numerous occasions with game changing saves.

Liking Hitchcock behind the bench. Already has the boys playing better. Excited to see what he can do with a little more time.

Now he'll have a day to start instilling his style and system of play to the boys. Hopefully they buy in

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Didn't get to see anything on the pp which was literally the thing I was mainly looking to see during the game. Dumb reffing call ticky tack slashes and than completely ignore San Jose doing the exact same thing in the third because it was a tie game.

I thought every line had good shifts but Nuges/Khaira(pre-Mcdavid) were pretty poore. Koskinen has to have the starting job now, right? Drai is gonna break 90 pts if he remains on that line. Put Benning on waivers and call up Bear we desperately need more puck movers and less liabilities at all times out there (looking at you Benning).
Bear was a liability last year in his own zone, he's worse than benning in his own zone.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I have a hunch that Hitch will say "Drai is on pace for 100 points if I play him with Connor--yup o.k. that is done. Now let's see what I can do to put the second line in order."

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Besides the obvious i thought Russell and Caggiula had great games.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Listening to Hitchcock tonight in his interview was great.

When asked about Lucic to paraphrase "he needs to stop talking about what he is not doing, scoring. He needs to focus on what he can do and has always been good at. Bring good physical and down low and that line is good for him to do that"

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Kyle Brodziak and Kevin Gravel’s best games as Oilers. Caggiula with a strong game as well.

McDavid and Drai best players on the ice by a mile.

Koskinen great when he had to be.

Benning still sucks. Klef/Lars not at their best.

All in all... adequate. We’ll take adequate!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad