Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Sharks 3 - Hitch a ride to McDavid

North

Jun 25, 2009
he’s been great at making the key saves. Poised for sure. Talbot would have already been pulled had he been in net.

Kane and Couture would have used Talbot as a shooter tutor.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Obviously Hitch can't take credit for the McD and Drai show, but I will say this - he showed more game management in his first 60 than TMac showed in his entire tenure.

Putting Looch-Brodz-Kass together looks brilliant initially. All 3 looked very comfortable together. Let's hope it continues.

Absolutely crushing line. I like it!

Reactions: KarmaPolice

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Great hustling tonight, never gave up, came back 3 times and won! Koskinen will start against ANA now when Todd is gone, He was freaking good, those saves wasnt routine saves. So now we know how it feels to have a goaltender who actually makes a difference!

Hoping this can be a new start to turnaround this season!

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I hope Hitch is more vocal with refs, Todd wasn't strong in that area. Too much garbage that other teams get away with that needs to be called out.

I'm not sure, but I'd assume being third all time on the NHL wins list would get you some respect from the refs?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Not a ton of shots on net tonight, but the team was forechecking hard and creating offensive zone turnovers. Maybe just a temporary thing because of new HC, but it was great to see anyway.

Koskinen was really good tonight. Not a doubt in my mind that Talbot would’ve let in 5 in that game. Give Koskinen the Anaheim and LA starts too.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Not a ton of shots on net tonight, but the team was forechecking hard and creating offensive zone turnovers. Maybe just a temporary thing because of new HC, but it was great to see anyway.

Koskinen was really good tonight. Not a doubt in my mind that Talbot would’ve let in 5 in that game. Give Koskinen the Anaheim and LA starts too.

They want to keep out of Hitch's doghouse, they'll keep forechecking.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Oilers caught up with Sharks on shots by the third. They also dominated the play IMO. If they got a real PP like they deserved in the third it would have been a regulation win. Better to be the best team in the third period than the worst (like the last two games).

Reactions: KarmaPolice

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
As good as Koskinen played, he didn’t help his stats tonight finishing .880.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad