GDT: oilering

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Hot take: 3v3 until someone scores. Not a single good reason not to make it happen, but everyone pretends it could never work anyway.

You’d get a lot more OTs that feel like that.
I have a good reason.

3v3 is just as much fluke, novelty bullshit as shootouts and it should not factor into the standings as significantly as it does.

My vote is to bring back ties, but we all know that's not happening. At the very least the league should switch the points system to regulation win = 3, OT win = 2, OT loss = 1. I have zero preference on 3v3 vs shootout.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Hot take: 3v3 until someone scores. Not a single good reason not to make it happen, but everyone pretends it could never work anyway.

You’d get a lot more OTs that feel like that.

I agree, except they also need to add a "back court" rule of some sort. It's the focus on extending possession without actually trying to score that's damaged the product the most, imo.

edit: I'm also for the 3-2-1 point system.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I agree, except they also need to add a "back court" rule of some sort. It's the focus on extending possession without actually trying to score that's damaged the product the most, imo.

edit: I'm also for the 3-2-1 point system.

I disagree. I have a theory that people don’t actually dislike the “over and back” thing despite thinking that they do, rather they hate that they only have 5 min before they have to watch the game end in a totally unsatisfying shootout and every “over and back” robs them of like 5-10% of that OT time.

Extend OT indefinitely and the complaining about “over and back” would more or less dissipate. That’s my theory. The “over and backs” would start building anticipation instead of pissing the game away.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have a good reason.

3v3 is just as much fluke, novelty bullshit as shootouts and it should not factor into the standings as significantly as it does.

My vote is to bring back ties, but we all know that's not happening. At the very least the league should switch the points system to regulation win = 3, OT win = 2, OT loss = 1. I have zero preference on 3v3 vs shootout.

I mean this with all love but the bolded is an absolutely psychopathic take.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Watched it relive Right now. What a Great Game. Would Not expected After the First half that the Canes will come back. Ist was a very tight and good game, Both Goalies die a very good Job.
Glad the Canes won, fantastic!!
Hello from overseas. Is your joining a harbinger that Draisatl will eventually be a Cane?

Is he dating your 3rd cousin's sister's aunt's granddaughter?

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I disagree. I have a theory that people don’t actually dislike the “over and back” thing despite thinking that they do, rather they hate that they only have 5 min before they have to watch the game end in a totally unsatisfying shootout and every “over and back” robs them of like 5-10% of that OT time.

Extend OT indefinitely and the complaining about “over and back” would more or less dissipate. That’s my theory. The “over and backs” would start building anticipation instead of pissing the game away.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I bailed after the second period. Looks like I should have stayed up. It sounds like the third period and overtime were some fantastic hockey. Just watching the highlights was pretty exciting. Freddy shut the door and Nachos was a man on a mission. He absolutely worked McDavid to start the rush that wound up leading to the goal in overtime. I really hope he can maintain that level of play. Necas firing on all cylinders is a force to be reckoned with.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I mean this with all love but the bolded is an absolutely psychopathic take.
I mean this with all love as well but 3v3 is as pointless and boring as a shootout and both are equally far from the reality of the sport of hockey in games that matter (playoffs). The people who like 3v3 are the psychos who should go form a new sport and watch that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad