OHL Trade Thread 2024-25

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Continuing the Trade Thread for the coming Priority Selection and 2024-25 Season.

2023-24 Trade Thread is here

April 8th

FLNT - 6th '24 (FLNT)
KIT - 5th '25 (MISS)

OSH - 2nd '24 (LDN)
OS - 4th '26 (OS), 2nd '27 (OS)

LDN - 13th '24 (LDN), 15th '24 (ERI)
MISS - 13th '25 (MISS), 14th '26 (MISS)

FLNT - 11th '24 (FLNT)
KGN - 10th '26 (OS)

FLNT - 4th '24 (BRANT)
SAR - 4th '25 (SAR), 5th '26 (BAR)

FLNT - 5th '24 (SAR)
SBY - 4th '25 (BAR)

NIAG - 14th '24 (FLNT)
ERI - 13th '26 (ERI)

WSR - 4th '24 (NIAG), 10th '24 (WSR)
FLNT - 3rd '24 (KIT)

FLNT - 7th '24 (FLNT)
SBY - 6th '26 (SAG)

Jun 4th
SBY - Evan Konyen, Nolan Collins, Matthew Mania, Josh Colosimo (Rights)
FLNT- Gavin Ewles, Daks Klinkhammer, 2nd '27 (SSM), 2nd '27 (KIT), 3rd '27 (BAR), 3rd '27 (MISS), 4th '25 (SAR), 4th '28 (FLNT), 5th '27 (PTBO), 7th '25 (FLNT), 9th '25 (FLNT)

FLNT - 5th '25 (MISS), 15th '25 (FLNT), 3rd '26 (SSM), 2nd '27 (FLNT), 5th '27 (FLNT), Condt. 2nd '28 (FLNT), 3rd '28 (FLNT)
KGN - Christopher Thibodeau, 4th '28 (KGN)

Jun 6th
NIAG - 2nd '26 (KGN), 3rd '25 (FLNT), 4th '26 (NBAY), 10th '26 (SSM)
SSM - Matthew Virgilio

Jun 21st
KGN - Condt. 15th '26 (KGN)
SAG - Nolan Lalonde (Rights)

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It’s official. Flint has no intention of drafting anything this weekend!

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
With the June trading period opening up his coming week. What are people hearing about possible trades? In recent years not many trades have been made in this trade window. I don’t expect the Petes to make any significant moves until August at the earliest. I expect they will trade for a veteran defenceman and possibly a centre prior to or early in the season. They will be depth moves likely moving a couple of draft picks in each trade. They will likely move a goaltender and at least one overage for draft picks.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’m just checking to see who would be available for Kitchener.

The Rangers defence heading into the season looked very young. Olivier Savard announced his retirement from hockey the other day and he would have been a vet on the team. 19 year old defensive defenceman.

That leave a hole to fill. I am thinking that Cam Mercer is the off man out for Kitchener. He is a great penalty killer, great on the forecheck and has a non stop motor. Problem is he hasn’t been able to find much offence to his game. He is in his 19 year old season this year.

Would any team have a 19 year old defenceman to swap with Mercer? I’m not expecting much, just some bottom pair guy.

The Rangers defence heading into the season looked very young. Olivier Savard announced his retirement from hockey the other day and he would have been a vet on the team. 19 year old defensive defenceman.

That leave a hole to fill. I am thinking that Cam Mercer is the off man out for Kitchener. He is a great penalty killer, great on the forecheck and has a non stop motor. Problem is he hasn’t been able to find much offence to his game. He is in his 19 year old season this year.

Would any team have a 19 year old defenceman to swap with Mercer? I’m not expecting much, just some bottom pair guy.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019

I also expect one of Parsons/Malboeuf to be moved, if not both. I suspect Owen Edwards will be the back up this year if one of them stays as an OA.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I also expect one of Parsons/Malboeuf to be moved, if not both. I suspect Owen Edwards will be the back up this year if one of them stays as an OA.
I’m guessing Parsons gets traded. He has value while Malboeuf has none. Plus it is a lot easier to split time with Malboeuf while trying to groom Edwards into being an OHL starter.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I’m guessing Parsons gets traded. He has value while Malboeuf has none. Plus it is a lot easier to split time with Malboeuf while trying to groom Edwards into being an OHL starter.
Could see see one of parsons/malboeuf heading to Brantford. No inside knowledge here but they only have a 17 year old egorov in net right now. Liam sztuska is a candidate as well

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Could see see one of parsons/malboeuf heading to Brantford. No inside knowledge here but they only have a 17 year old egorov in net right now. Liam sztuska is a candidate as well

I will assume it would be Parsons. He was a workhorse playing in 51 games this past season and Malboeuf in 22. Owen Edwards was drafted by the Rangers last year and is pencilled in as the backup this year as a 17 year old. The assumption is to groom him to be the starter as a 18, 19 and maybe overager. The best way to get good is to play in games. It would be a lot easier on Kitchener to have him split games with Malboeuf.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
It's pretty normal for the league; a few trades to start the month, a few trades at the end, and then maybe one or two in the middle.
You are right. This trade window traditionally does not see a lot of trades happen. There are usually more in August period. There use to be more trades made in June when teams were allowed to do two part trades that saw teams make trades to send a player to a team to complete a trade made at the trade deadline. But starting immediately after the league banned this practice there were far fewer trades made in this time period.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Not uncommon to see the trades turn into crickets now.

Most teams managers won't make any really big moves until we get closer to the end of the summer not surprised to not see a deal made most managers won't really pull the trigger on deals until training camps get underway in the late August.

Typically it's OA movement that starts the deals teams make that have extra 20yo candidates. I really don't see any teams wanting to pull the trigger till teams have an idea on that front. The IceDogs have seemed to be quiet thus far but you could say the same thing about any team right now. If teams have an idea on who could come back then will start to see deals trickle in.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Niagara's phone service has apparently been rather spotty lately... now might be a good time for a wellness check...
Having seen two RW the steelheads could really use move, you might say the phone services in Brampton have not yet been set up.
Niagara must have 25 signed players including five OAs to choose from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad