OHL Tier Lists Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I thought it would be cool to see everyone's OHL prediction if you wish to participate for this coming 2024-2025 season.
You can make them at this link: Create a OHL teams Tier List
Post Tier Lists below and lets discuss!

1725637942437.png
Thr

Last edited:

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Here's mine. Asterisk on Saginaw, Oshawa, and Kingston. They could all be pretty good or pretty meh. Gonna depend on some things falling their way.

View attachment 905480
Fun fact: you have to go back to 07-08 for the last time 2 Midwest teams missed the playoffs (OS and ER). No division has had a longer streak. I have a feeling Kitchener's coaching helps them squeak in, but I'd almost rather them not.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Hoping the Attack gets a top 4 pick to build on what they've started.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Oshawa will get Ritchie back and they’re going to add a high end player or two, plus if Roobroeck doesn’t return, they’ll add one of the best OA’s available. I’d say they’re clear favourites in the east. Best goalie and the best D core. Will have arguably the two best F’s as well in Ritchie and Sennecke. Brampton is good but terrible D core, although they have picks to work with.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Oshawa will get Ritchie back and they’re going to add a high end player or two, plus if Roobroeck doesn’t return, they’ll add one of the best OA’s available. I’d say they’re clear favourites in the east. Best goalie and the best D core. Will have arguably the two best F’s as well in Ritchie and Sennecke. Brampton is good but terrible D core, although they have picks to work with.
Like London the year prior, they’ll be extra motivated after making it to the OHL finals and will have alot of experience. Add in a Barlow, or a Romani type, plus an OA or two, maybe someone like a Cooper Foster to bolster the middle 6, and I don’t think anyone in the east beats them. I actually think barrie is the second best team in the east after them. Something about Brampton doesn’t scare me, despite the addition of Rehkopf. Maybe they’ll end up grabbing someone like Stephen Gibson to help them on the back end, but he’ll cost a lot.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Like London the year prior, they’ll be extra motivated after making it to the OHL finals and will have alot of experience. Add in a Barlow, or a Romani type, plus an OA or two, maybe someone like a Cooper Foster to bolster the middle 6, and I don’t think anyone in the east beats them. I actually think barrie is the second best team in the east after them. Something about Brampton doesn’t scare me, despite the addition of Rehkopf. Maybe they’ll end up grabbing someone like Stephen Gibson to help them on the back end, but he’ll cost a lot.
I don’t think Brampton is near done yet. To spend what they did on the graduating Rehkopf, and not continue to address needs, wouldn’t make sense. They still have a ton of assets to address the blue line.

Reactions: Leviathan899

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

Agree 100% about Oshawa having the best defensemen in the league - - although there’s been a few laughably misguided proclamations that they’re about to jettison two of their top four defensemen.

Apparently that’s what teams with championship aspirations do - - dismantle a strength and turn it into a weakness.

• Haha
Reactions: Generalsupdates

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
I don’t think Brampton is near done yet. To spend what they did on the graduating Rehkopf, and not continue to address needs, wouldn’t make sense. They still have a ton of assets to address the blue line.
Yeah I agree, good point. Lots of picks left still to work with. I think they need 2 top 4 D to be serious contenders. Gibson and someone like Sirman could help

Agree 100% about Oshawa having the best defensemen in the league - - although there’s been a few laughably misguided proclamations that they’re about to jettison two of their top four defensemen.

Apparently that’s what teams with championship aspirations do - - dismantle a strength and turn it into a weakness.
In fairness, you’re getting back the best D in the deal. So you’re down 1, plus they have Mcdonell and O’Toole. Bedkowski was a third pair guy last year, he needs to clean up his decision making and get a step faster imo. If you have the opportunity to add a D of Smith’s caliber, plus the chance of a 50 goal scorer in Barlow, you do it everyday.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Yeah I agree, good point. Lots of picks left still to work with. I think they need 2 top 4 D to be serious contenders. Gibson and someone like Sirman could help

In fairness, you’re getting back the best D in the deal. So you’re down 1, plus they have Mcdonell and O’Toole. Bedkowski was a third pair guy last year, he needs to clean up his decision making and get a step faster imo. If you have the opportunity to add a D of Smith’s caliber, plus the chance of a 50 goal scorer in Barlow, you do it everyday.

McDonnell never saw the ice in the last half of the season. After Punnett got hurt, they reluctantly dressed Rodriguez as the sixth defenseman. Even though he only saw two or three short shifts per game, it was clear the brain trust rates Rodriguez ahead of McDonnell. Not sure why because he showed good toughness when he did play early in the season and clearly has the size.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
With their draft cupboard, and a young body or two, Brampton could trade for Gibson and Andonovski, if they so choose, plus add a top six OA forward.

They have 7x2nds and 4x3rds. Add in a Draguisca and/or Witkowski and they’re set.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leviathan899

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
With their draft cupboard, and a young body or two, Brampton could trade for Gibson and Andonovski, if they so choose, plus add a top six OA forward.

They have 7x2nds and 4x3rds. Add in a Draguisca and/or Witkowski and they’re set.

Even after adding Rehkopf they still have a ridiculous amount of top draft picks for ammunition.

That’s why Brampton has to be the clear favourite in the East at this point.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Knights D>Oshawa D

If Dickinson and Bonk can each play 55mins per game, then yes, London has the best defense in the league.

Top to bottom though, Oshawa has a much stronger D core than London.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If Dickinson and Bonk can each play 55mins per game, then yes, London has the best defense in the league.

Top to bottom though, Oshawa has a much stronger D core than London.

If Oshawa is not down a D after a Barlow trade, their D would be among the top 5 imo. I doubt even the knights will be able to match the colts Aitcheson, Akey, and Berucci. If Eliasson is added, the colts D really should be considered best over all imo.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

it’s just for Barlow. Not smith

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If Oshawa is not down a D after a Barlow trade, their D would be among the top 5 imo. I doubt even the knights will be able to match the colts Aitcheson, Akey, and Berucci. If Eliasson is added, the colts D really should be considered best over all imo.
We shall see cause we theoretically could have Bonk or Dickinson on the ice at all times

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
We shall see cause we theoretically could have Bonk or Dickinson on the ice at all times

I can’t imagine anyone believes there is a better pair than Bonk and Dickinson.

But I think there are many that have not yet realized how good Aitcheson is; and should Eliasson end up on the colts, a K.Smith will not be looking to fight Aitcheson twice in games.

Reactions: frontsfan67 and LDN

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Yes. If the rumoured Eliasson deal goes down and Barrie ends up with those guys in their top 4, it would be lights out defence. People forget how good Akey was before his injury. The question for the Colts is whether they will add the depth needed up front.

Loads of elite wingers available though. Many potential 50 goal scorers off the wing likely on the trade market. Oshawa getting Barlow won’t be a significant difference if Brampton ends up with Pinelli, and Barrie ends up with Romani. Misa may also come available. Look for a team like Brantford to be all in on a deal like that if they are loading up for next year while trying to make the most of this year. I think NB will roll the dice on Van Steensel being back as an OA next season but they could make him available as well.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
VanSteensel is an OA. If Wakely is not returned, NB is a lot more likely to deal Romani.

Barrie should not need a RW though; a goal scoring LW, yeah. That might be all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad