OHL Tier Lists Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Does anyone know the last time the East had a higher winning percentage than the West? Google was no help.

I honestly don't know whether it was 2 years ago or 20, but it feels like it has been a while.

More specific to this thread, are we sleeping on Flint a bit? Lots of new faces that need to gel, but they have a relatively experienced team that has upside and some assets to fill holes.
As a Flint fan, I think most people here have it a bit right. They’ll be ok, maybe pretty good and they do have assets but until I see how the group comes together and how management USES those assets I wouldn’t rank them much higher. I really like dirty12’s list. Flint should contend for the Division title vs Saginaw. They have more assets and if Saginaw hits a rough patch pre-deadline I could see Drinkell doing a soft sell. I think some people might have them ranked a bit high. They are returning some nice pieces but they are losing A LOT. Same with Erie, they’ve got a nice group of forwards a couple high-end D but goaltending is a question mark for now and they don’t have the assets to acquire much if they need it or injuries hit. Although it wont shock me if they blow every last pick they have and put themselves right back in the hole they were in coming out of the pandemic. Flint’s biggest advantage is Sarnia, Soo, Owen Sound, Kitchener all look to be in full rebuild, Windsor is super young and Guelph might sell off a bit too. It looks to be the softest Western Conf and Division I’ve seen in a decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad