GDT: Oh right...The GDT. The GDT for today.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm assuming this is the GDT for the Jersey game but nowadays one cannot tell, can we?

Did any of you see the NJ board where they accused the Hurricanes of "spitting in the face" of Whalers fans? That is a hilarious take.

Related/unrelated, but it looked like one poster during the Sharks game implied that Pesce was faking an injury to try to get a penalty at the end of the game. So diving across the ice to stop a player from scoring a near-guaranteed goal is cowardly. Got it.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Going to other teams boards to find the one or two morons is an exercise in futility because there’s one or two in every group (even ours).
Not to be pedantic (or maybe specifically to be pedantic) I'd argue that going to another team's board to find a couple idiots is the opposite of futile; as you point out, you're almost guaranteed to be successful. :D

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not to be pedantic (or maybe specifically to be pedantic) I'd argue that going to another team's board to find a couple idiots is the opposite of futile; as you point out, you're almost guaranteed to be successful. :D

dbd2ae34-9668-4757-88b2-77cd94dd1c28_text.gif

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Yeah, this is kind of my take on it.

Then again I’m the type of guy who hate-watches MSNBC so there is probably an element of masochism there

Reactions: Tryamw

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Related/unrelated, but it looked like one poster during the Sharks game implied that Pesce was faking an injury to try to get a penalty at the end of the game. So diving across the ice to stop a player from scoring a near-guaranteed goal is cowardly. Got it.
Since when have people in Carolina cared what people in California think? LOL

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Not to mention you're completely right about idiots and futility, I also admire your brave stance about being pedantic, if in brackets, I understand that.

It's not so much about pedantry per se, it's about being a pedantic, and it's hard. You get called names like "idiot" or "naysayer" or "do you understand how boring you are every time" but we take it in stride!

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
In an excuse for the growing Finnish fanbase, our weird lingo is typically categorized as "descriptive"; Brit English is at the other end of that axis and Am English somewhere between Sinoese and Pacific lingos. We're in the Uralic family culture-genetically pedantic, hopelessly. So your meme must be considered appropriate.

The hardest thing to get out of a pedant? "I could be wrong though."

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Not to mention you're completely right about idiots and futility, I also admire your brave stance about being pedantic, if in brackets, I understand that.

It's not so much about pedantry per se, it's about being a pedantic, and it's hard. You get called names like "idiot" or "naysayer" or "do you understand how boring you are every time" but we take it in stride!

To be fair to myself, I may notice stuff but if I won't comment on it unless I find it humorous or of interest beyond the misuse. For example, I would not point out that one is "a pedant" rather than "a pedantic" unless we were actually discussing pedantry. ;)

In an excuse for the growing Finnish fanbase, our weird lingo is typically categorized as "descriptive"; Brit English is at the other end of that axis and Am English somewhere between Sinoese and Pacific lingos. We're in the Uralic family culture-genetically pedantic, hopelessly. So your meme must be considered appropriate.

The hardest thing to get out of a pedant? "I could be wrong though."

Ah, but what about "I could be wrong, though?"
I'm gonna show myself out before I get kicked out! :cheers:

note: in all seriousness, I know that English is not the primary language for some of our members and I admire how well most of you have mastered the language. It seems like usage is often better than a lot of our native English speakers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad