Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Couple random thoughts to the comments in the thread...I'm with those wondering about buyouts of Danforth and/or Olivier... Doesn't make sense. To me they seem to FIT the need for character vets (granted they haven't won jack shit in the NHL since they've only been CBJ players - aside from Olivier's cup of coffee with Nashville). I'd like to keep them - move them at the deadline if needed but let Malatesta continue to play in Cleveland, along with so many others.

Necas... I'm still on the train to get him regardless of C or W. I think he is an improvement to the current roster in either position and gives flexibility down the road with Lindstrom is ready. What is he CAN play center? I think his 2-way game is pretty good in general and with more responsibility he may just add more to his game. It's a little risk but worst case he's definitely a top 6 wing that improves this team. Worry about the others that aren't yet NHL top 6 wings later. For me...what's the cost to get him and it also is dependent on moving Laine. If Laine was even part of the deal... better yet!

Just seems the identity looks to be taking shape of a team that is fast and has size. We have a ways to go to get the snarl but the draft certainly seems to give me a picture of the vision (not that all of those players are future Jackets). I think he's looking for glue guys that fit his mold as others come along.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Aaron Portzline lists Sean Monahan, Stefan Noesen, Jordan Martinook, and Brandon Duhaim as possible forward targets for #CBJ in free agency.

Aaron Portzline lists Tyson Barrie, Alexandre Carrier, Matt Dumba, Colin Miller, Matt Roy, Sean Walker, Ian Cole, Matt Grzelcyk, and Dmitri Kulikov as possible targets for #CBJ on defense ahead of free agency.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
To me, Necas is the guy you add after your team is mostly put together. You don’t add him too early like we added Laine and Johnny Hockey too early. Let’s figure out our defense and centers first. (I don’t think Necas is a center.)

Also it is good to see that Portzline is healthy enough to be a crappy reporter again.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I prefer Bennett, not Nečas.

Laine + Sillinger for Bennett and draft pick (Patrik has great relationships with Maurice, he even visited Jets morning training to talk with Maurice when it played in Columbus).

In that case Florida might unsigned Reinhart but get good d-men, because Ekblad and Montour were not ideal in 5v5 against Edmonton. Also it should money for Verhaeghe (2025/26 season - xxx).

Last edited:
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Hmm…I read Waddell went home to North Carolina. Need to get qualifying offers today and need a head coach. Might be a good time to hire a GM.
I highly doubt Waddell is the one directly doing that. They've already had all of their meetings and done most of the ground work already.

Jarmo wasn't the one directly contacting agents and working out deals. Neither is Waddell.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
When we trade for Necas and sign him my hopes are that we keep KJ and Chinakhov, and that we sign Necas to a 3 or 4 year deal. Anything 5 and over would be risky.

Reactions: puckgoalnet

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
When we trade for Necas and sign him my hopes are that we keep KJ and Chinakhov, and that we sign Necas to a 3 or 4 year deal. Anything 5 and over would be risky.
Why? And what makes you think he’d take anything less than 5-7 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad