Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020

I know there's been discussions about us (the fans) being interested, don't know how the FO feels about Marino.
in a vacuum, sure.

on a roster that already has severson + gudbranson + jiricek? unless they're gonna move one of those guys out (plus boqvist) i don't know.

i'm one of those real sickos who thinks gudbranson is actually kinda good but if someone wants him, i'd be down to move him then turn around and get marino.

Reactions: Viqsi

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
in a vacuum, sure.

on a roster that already has severson + gudbranson + jiricek? unless they're gonna move one of those guys out (plus boqvist) i don't know.

i'm one of those real sickos who thinks gudbranson is actually kinda good but if someone wants him, i'd be down to move him then turn around and get marino.
Marino is not a Gudbranson replacement but I think he'd be a better fit than Boqvist for what we need.

He had a down year w/ NJ like the rest of their D but was solid 2 years ago when they made the playoffs.

Reactions: majormajor

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Marc Andre Fleury was a top pick so there is no hard rule in value. Also, it depends on the package.

Straight up Askarov for 4? Highly Doubtful but throw in some other things? Maybe? Goalies are also very rarely close to nhl ready at the draft. This guy is close.

is it weird we are trading players without a coach ?
No. The coach is hired to coach the players he has as part of the GM’s vision. It would be weirder if we were trading players without a GM.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The Blue Jackets plan to be active in free agency, Waddell said, looking for veteran depth wingers and defensemen. In order to add players, he noted, he’ll need to clear some bodies off the roster.

“We’re looking to add a body or two on July 1,” Waddell said. “If we could move on (Texier) and get an asset, that’s good. It was more about clearing space.”

Kuraly, Bean, Olivier, Nylander, among others appear to be potentially on the chopping block?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad