Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think you have to consider it, especially if it means getting another first round pick or another value add for the team. But I'm also not Jenner's biggest fan here, so I won't miss him if he's gone.
I don’t think we really have any untouchables , maybe Fantilli …. Reading thru this thread , @Major is correct , we need more veterans on this team, Boone also has a great contract which could cause some teams to overpay this time of year . I do wonder about Boone the captain, and the locker room dynamics the past couple years . Porty referred to the locker room with cliques, and mirroring a 5th grade classroom . At the same point , how much of that was Jarmo or PVs direction . From memory , other veterans like Werenski, Gud, weren’t allowed to have a voice from Portys reporting … so only Waddell knows if the room situation has been resolved , or there’s more work to do ?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don’t think we really have any untouchables , maybe Fantilli …. Reading thru this thread , @Major is correct , we need more veterans on this team, Boone also has a great contract which could cause some teams to overpay this time of year . I do wonder about Boone the captain, and the locker room dynamics the past couple years . Porty referred to the locker room with cliques, and mirroring a 5th grade classroom . At the same point , how much of that was Jarmo or PVs direction . From memory , other veterans like Werenski, Gud, weren’t allowed to have a voice from Portys reporting … so only Waddell knows if the room situation has been resolved , or there’s more work to do ?
Well at this point I suspect it's far from resolved since we don't have a coach and the locker room is still the same. I think there is lots of work to be done.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
tbf they say that the jackets would be unlikely to part with any of those assets without wpg adding

I think the clear resolution to this is mcgroarty for chychrun but I think the jackets could pull off a deal without giving up any of their premium guys, and I think mcgroarty would be a great fit here.
Swap out Chychrun with Provorov and I wouldn't object.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
he's like 40 years old, he's gonna do a giordano type deal (vet minimum with a cup contender)
A Cup Contender just bought him out. It will be interesting to see if he signs with anyone or just calls it a career.

Edmonton just wasted a valuable roster spot with Corey Perry and it may have cost them a Cup. These ancient veterans IMO are vastly overrated as roster additions which will put a team over the top.

Reactions: Xoggz22

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Not sure if this has been discussed here already, but if they're looking to add toughness and leadership in the backend, Trouba is that guy. Ownership will like a somewhat front loaded contract (only 2y left), CBJ is probably not on the 15 team M-NTC list (the story was the he went to NYR for his wife's job, which makes location his priority).

Wouldn't be surprised if that ended up happening

Last edited:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Not sure if this has been discussed here already, but if they're looking to add toughness and leadership in the backend, Trouba is that guy. Ownership will like the somewhat front loaded contract, CBJ is probably not on the 15 team M-NTC list (the story was the he went to NYR for his wife's job, which makes location his priority).

Wouldn't be surprised if that ended up happening
I've been banging the Trouba to Columbus drum on capfriendly since the Rags were eliminated. The crowded right side makes that tricky, but either put Severson on his offhand again or move someone.

His wife is a doctor who specializes in neuroscience. Columbus happens to have some excellent opportunities for that, from Riverside to the James.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've been banging the Trouba to Columbus drum on capfriendly since the Rags were eliminated. The crowded right side makes that tricky, but either put Severson on his offhand again or move someone.

His wife is a doctor who specializes in neuroscience. Columbus happens to have some excellent opportunities for that, from Riverside to the James.
I'm extremely hesitant because I think we need a shutdown guy and from what I've heard he can't really do that effectively anymore.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'm extremely hesitant because I think we need a shutdown guy and from what I've heard he can't really do that effectively anymore.
Yeah he's not a shutdown guy at this point. From what I've watched in NYR, he's an average Dman with very heavy focus on physicality. Like to the point where his excessive physicality results in chances against, which will probably show in his adv stats. Also makes him a pretty entertaining player since he's absolutely crushing rushing forwards on the blueline consistently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad