Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
THE WANKING HAS RETURNED

praise be @Honour Over Glory

@Honour Over Glory has been searching the world for his favourite player wearing this 👇

1718495995660.jpeg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It's a sad day when a tosser like Guy Boucher would probably be a better Assistant Coach hire but they saw Quinn, well, when I say they I mean Mike Sullivan told FSG that's who he wanted and FSG told Dubas that he needs to hire Quinn.

I look forward to the immense shit show of shooters becoming passers because Sullivan wants them to "become a player he feels they should be to play with Crosby" and then continuously f*** over Malkin when Bunting plays incredible on Geno's wing only to be ripped off that line to Sid's line to throw Malkin entirely off his game, like the last 7-8 seasons.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Hell yeah.

Kirk MacDonald (born 1959) is a Canadian jazz musician and composer. He has been nominated for four Juno Awards, with his album The Atlantic Sessions winning the 1999 Juno Award for Best Mainstream Jazz Album.

He has performed on over forty albums as leader and sideman and has participated in national broadcast recordings for CBC Radio. In addition to performing extensively throughout Canada, he has performed in the U.S., France, Spain, Italy, Holland, Monaco, Australia, Korea, Bermuda, and the Bahamas.

He has worked with Walter Bishop Jr., John Clayton, Rosemary Clooney, Brian Dickinson, Glenn Ferris, Sonny Greenwich, Eddie Henderson, Pat LaBarbera, Lorne Lofsky, Harold Mabern, Ron McClure, Jim McNeely, Vince Mendoza, James Moody, Bob Mover, Phil Nimmons, Sam Noto, Chris Potter, Bernie Senensky, Mike Stern, John Taylor, Kenny Wheeler, André White, and the Humber College Faculty Ensemble.

Always a fan of th Humber College Faculty Ensemble.

800px-Kirk_Macdonald.png

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This guy is from the Seravelli school…he’s 40 but he looks about 55 lol

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don’t know anything about this guy but stunned he has no prior Soo or Marlies experience.
I don't follow any of the USHL stuff, but on the one hand, it is kind of promising that we hired a coach with experience working with youth and development.

On the other hand:

MacDonald enjoyed a seven-year professional playing career from 2007-13. The forward spent the majority of his career at the AHL level, appearing in 272 regular-season games with the Albany River Rats, Providence Bruins, Iowa Chops and Houston Aeros where he notched 106 points (45G-61A).

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't follow any of the USHL stuff, but on the one hand, it is kind of promising that we hired a coach with experience working with youth and development.

On the other hand:
This guy is no threat to take over Sullivan’s job when he sucks…unfortunately

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why wouldn’t he be? Look at Sheldon Keefe’s coaching resume before he was the Marlies coach. Not that dissimilar.
Too inexperienced at this point…Sullivan has three years left…he might grow into his replacement but he won’t be taking over in December if the team is 0-22 lol….

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Tony also said that John Snowden was given consideration but ended up not being the guy. Grant Potulny - who stepped down from his college hockey job for an undisclosed pro job that many assumed was WBS - may be headed to the Hartford Wolf Pack.

Reactions: Jacob

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
LOL...no.

Columbus is in such an odd spot. They aren't competing any time soon and they have Laine and Gaudreau making good money. Fantelli will help with certainly not putting them over any humps. Now would seem like a prime time to bring in a new coach like Sturm not unlike what Montreal did with MSL.
Love to post a picture of my new coach where he's frowning like he's taking a rocky constipated shit
How would you look if you took a job in Scranton and that was your team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad