OT: Official Sports Media Thread XII: 98.5 The Sports Hub undergoing more shake ups with ‘Toucher and Hardy’ show

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

WEEI, its daytime programming ratings having plummeted despite strong numbers by its morning show, shook up its lineup Wednesday with a series of moves, including the dismissal of midday hosts Andy Gresh and Christian Fauria.
Audacy, WEEI’s parent company, announced that Adam Jones and Rich Keefe would reunite in the midday 10 a.m-2 p.m. window.

Jones had been a host of the afternoon drive “Jones and Mego” program since January 2023. Keefe has been the evening host on WEEI. They previously worked together on the evening “Adam Jones Show” on 98.5 The Sports Hub.

Meghan Ottolini, a.k.a. “Mego,” is moving into a full-time writing role at the station and will be a fill-in host.
Jones and Keefe replace Gresh and Fauria, the former Patriots tight end, in midday.

In afternoon drive, Andy Hart, who had been a writer and fill-in host, as well as host of the “6 Rings” Patriots podcast, will join holdover Christian Arcand, who was the third voice on the “Jones and Mego” show.

WEEI has not decided who will replace Keefe in evenings, according to Mike Thomas, Audacy Boston’s senior vice president and market manager.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Mike Thomas not surprisingly didn’t realize he or the talent isn’t the star at Sports Hub

It’s the dial

Felger is legit but the rest are replaceable

If this was baseball ~ Felger would have a 6.5 WAR & Mazz 4 but everyone else is replaceable

Bertrand probably thinks he’s a star but you flip him to WEEI any slot after 6-10 and he’s working the deli at Shaws this time next year

Whoever took off Fauria, Merloni, & Mego should be fired

They were getting 7’s and 8’s and developing a following - they were a nice option to F&M silliness/trolling

Fauria new football, Merloni baseball, they all are legit basketball fans

Hart-Arcand is not throwing good money after bad

Jones is a troll but does have good sports knowledge he just realized it doesn’t work - negativity & trolling does

Gresh was terrible lately but probably knew it was over

Unfortunately none of the shows are must listen

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Am I reading this correctly

Christian Arcand and Andy Hart 2-6? They are either simply cheap placeholders or WEEI has no intention of ever trying to challenge Felger and Mazz.

Christian Fauria is right up their as one of the worst radio personalities to ever do it in Boston. Just a complete nothing.

Jones and Keefe are good together so that is at least intriguing. None of this matters to me though since I work at home and the simulcast is king. I have NBC Sports Boston on the TV in background. If WEEI had the simulcast I'd probably have that on in background.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Am I reading this correctly

Christian Arcand and Andy Hart 2-6? They are either simply cheap placeholders or WEEI has no intention of ever trying to challenge Felger and Mazz.

Christian Fauria is right up their as one of the worst radio personalities to ever do it in Boston. Just a complete nothing.

Jones and Keefe are good together so that is at least intriguing. None of this matters to me though since I work at home and the simulcast is king. I have NBC Sports Boston on the TV in background. If WEEI had the simulcast I'd probably have that on in background.
Andy Hart doing his ML Carr take one for the team

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Mike Thomas not surprisingly didn’t realize he or the talent isn’t the star at Sports Hub

It’s the dial

If this was baseball ~ Felger would have a 6.5 WAR & Mazz 4 but everyone else is replaceable

Bertrand probably thinks he’s a star but you flip him to WEEI any slot after 6-10 and he’s working the deli at Shaws this time next year

They were getting 7’s and 8’s and developing a following - they were a nice option to F&M silliness/trolling

Jones is a troll but does have good sports knowledge he just realized it doesn’t work - negativity & trolling does

I like Bertrand's "this or that segment" but by then most listeners just put it on before F & M.
Can only hear so much of the football banter.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I like Bertrand's "this or that segment" but by then most listeners just put it on before F & M.
Can only hear so much of the football banter.
I definitely can do Bertrand and Zolak but Beatle is such a mess it’s hard to take his ‘I know more then all 4 GMs attitude’

Maybe they want him to be an ass hat - my favorite is when he sits in on Early Edition and says what I think is stupid shit and Perry & Curran look at him in disdain - and carefully craft their replies to say professionally you got your head up your ass

true, B & Z have translated well in and out of football season.... especially when Hardy was there and the Revolution were the topic discussed
McCone is good

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
WEEI has waved the white flag knowing they can’t beat 98.5 so why bother. Put on the cheapest talent and not even bother trying anymore. Once Hill retires it is over.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

It’s the dial

I watch Toucher and Hardy sometimes because it’s convenient. It’s on YouTube and the timing is right for me personally. I work 3-11 How come Felger and Mazz isn’t on YouTube live ?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I watch Toucher and Hardy sometimes because it’s convenient. It’s on YouTube and the timing is right for me personally. I work 3-11 How come Felger and Mazz isn’t on YouTube live ?
Sounds like a good @Fenway question but my guess is their video/simulcast rights are owned by NBC? I've wondered the same thing but that's my guess.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
Keefe and Jones 10-2 has a lot of potential. I was a big fan of their night show at Sports Hub.

The other moves reek of cheapness. They aren't even going to try and compete with Felger, but just need someone to fill the time slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad