OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think that trainer is at the root of this whole Belichik/Brady/Kraft bullspit. I haven't been following this too closely but that's what it looks like to me. It also looks to me like Kraft knifed his coach in the back by letting the guy stay. Why Belichik didn't tell Kraft to GFH and resign right then & there is something I don't understand. It's not like he'd be unemployed for long.

I don't know what you mean. Where did Kraft let who stay? Guerrero? Where did he stay? Across the street and paying rent? Why would a coach have any say on a business dealing of an owner?

Besides the fact that said trainer is (arguably) a large part of the QB being MVP at 40 years old, the TE being in the best shape of his life, and about 20 other players saying he's really good at what he does.

Should he be on the sidelines or openly questioning team trainers? Nope. But that stuff can get worked out. You don't quit and become HC of the Lions or something because of it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't know what you mean. Where did Kraft let who stay? Guerrero? Where did he stay? Across the street and paying rent? Why would a coach have any say on a business dealing of an owner?

Besides the fact that said trainer is (arguably) a large part of the QB being MVP at 40 years old, the TE being in the best shape of his life, and about 20 other players saying he's really good at what he does.

Should he be on the sidelines or openly questioning team trainers? Nope. But that stuff can get worked out. You don't quit and become HC of the Lions or something because of it.

Like I said I haven't been following this closely. But yes if I was Kraft I would not have allowed Guerrero anywhere near a Patriots facility. He's not on the staff so he has no business there. If Brady wants to work with a private trainer on his own time/place that's fine, a lot of athletes do that. Having this guy around probably has created conflict- if 20 players are using this guy instead of the Patriots training staff that is bound to cause friction, I'll bet the Patriots training staff thinks that this guy is undermining them. Either hire Guerrero to be the Patriots trainer or get him away from there completely. This halfway approach is not good IMO.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Like I said I haven't been following this closely. But yes if I was Kraft I would not have allowed Guerrero anywhere near a Patriots facility. He's not on the staff so he has no business there. If Brady wants to work with a private trainer on his own time/place that's fine, a lot of athletes do that. Having this guy around probably has created conflict- if 20 players are using this guy instead of the Patriots training staff that is bound to cause friction, I'll bet the Patriots training staff thinks that this guy is undermining them. Either hire Guerrero to be the Patriots trainer or get him away from there completely. This halfway approach is not good IMO.

The halfway approach worked just fine until last year. Never heard a word about it until then, yet he was onsite at the stadium all the time. It only became an issue when the leeway that was being granted got suddenly revoked. That's when it went sideways. Ironically, AG still treats Brady at the team facility. It's just in a private office and no other players are allowed to get treatment there. If other players want to see him, they have to go to the TB12 Method facility in Patriot Place. And they do.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The halfway approach worked just fine until last year. Never heard a word about it until then, yet he was onsite at the stadium all the time. It only became an issue when the leeway that was being granted got suddenly revoked. That's when it went sideways. Ironically, AG still treats Brady at the team facility. It's just in a private office and no other players are allowed to get treatment there. If other players want to see him, they have to go to the TB12 Method facility in Patriot Place. And they do.

Exactly. They won 2 Super Bowls with Guerrero being allowed to work in the stadium.

And it's never been Guerrero INSTEAD of the Pats trainers, it is IN ADDITION TO.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Doesn't DeOssie do the Patritos post game with beetle on 98.5 now?

I believe so. I was making a joke and not serious though. :laugh:

The entire show of OMF is moving over, not just Ordway. And they're not rebooting The Big Show, as far as I know.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I believe so. I was making a joke and not serious though. :laugh:

The entire show of OMF is moving over, not just Ordway. And they're not rebooting The Big Show, as far as I know.
Does Ordway and Pete do their hilarious weekly hockey spoof where they trash on the game and it’s fans

Best 5 minutes in radio

Better than fake tough guy Kirk saying that baseball is dead and the Red Sox suck

I haven’t been listening much since I Switched to 92.5 but nothing better then bashing hockey with Glen and Pete

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Does Ordway and Pete do their hilarious weekly hockey spoof where they trash on the game and it’s fans

Best 5 minutes in radio

Better than fake tough guy Kirk saying that baseball is dead and the Red Sox suck

I haven’t been listening much since I Switched to 92.5 but nothing better then bashing hockey with Glen and Pete

He hates all boston teams, maybe not the celtics, but bruins, pats and sox he is heavily against. I don't even understand morning show anymore, its almost NY media at this point, Ive been listening to Montreal sports radio more these days bc they actually generate good discussion of sports topics.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Doesn't DeOssie do the Patritos post game with beetle on 98.5 now?
f*** Steve DeOssie, so hard. Guy's been dead to me since February 2008 when he's part of the postgame panel for the Superbowl against the Giants and while we're all trying to make sense of the worst moment in pro sports history, he's red-faced, smiling, rubbing it in everybody's faces because his son was a backup long-snapper or something on the Giants.

I'm not faulting a guy for being happy for his kid winning a superbowl, but in that case, f***ing recuse yourself from the Patriots' broadcast network. Don't go on the postgame show for the worst loss in the history of the universe celebrating, taunting the fans of the team that employs you in the process. I don't know why they've continued to employ him, because he did the same thing the second Giants superbowl. And he's not even that good of an analyst. What does he have on Kraft?

Reactions: dabid

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
**** Steve DeOssie, so hard. Guy's been dead to me since February 2008 when he's part of the postgame panel for the Superbowl against the Giants and while we're all trying to make sense of the worst moment in pro sports history, he's red-faced, smiling, rubbing it in everybody's faces because his son was a backup long-snapper or something on the Giants.

I'm not faulting a guy for being happy for his kid winning a superbowl, but in that case, ****ing recuse yourself from the Patriots' broadcast network. Don't go on the postgame show for the worst loss in the history of the universe celebrating, taunting the fans of the team that employs you in the process. I don't know why they've continued to employ him, because he did the same thing the second Giants superbowl. And he's not even that good of an analyst. What does he have on Kraft?

I feel like I’ve come home here,’’ DeOssie tells the amped-up crowd. “I’m a Giant in my heart, I’m so glad my son’s a New York Giant. I struggle sometimes up in New England, but I know I’ve got a home in New York. I love you guys.’’

Reactions: dabid and DKH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
98.5 is bleeding listeners looking at the cume numbers

upload_2018-8-7_18-44-13.png

upload_2018-8-7_18-45-32.png

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sox are relevant so the WEEI numbers go up and TSH go down is my guess.
The regular hosts were also on vacation quite a bit so depending on the hosts, people will turn it off.

I expect them to rebound with the Pats starting.

I’m sure WEEI is going to go onand on about this for the rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad