Official Prudential Center, season ticket and surrounding area thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The arena has 2 event days in July. Just have the event another day. It's really that simple

Is it that simple? None of us know the details around booking an event, especially one of this magnitude. To insinuate that the Prudential Center somehow "held the cards" in this and could just dictate to the large KCon event when they should host it seems naive at best.

KCon is a huge event and moneymaker for whomever hosts it. They don't need Prudential Center to draw a crowd. It's not like Prudential is the only venue space big enough in the area. Prudential needs them more so, especially given that there won't be any lucrative NCAA March Madness games there for like the next 5 years at least. And this is becoming an annual event for the arena, so they really can't afford to mess with the relationship.

This debate is stupid.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Is it that simple? None of us know the details around booking an event, especially one of this magnitude. To insinuate that the Prudential Center somehow "held the cards" in this and could just dictate to the large KCon event when they should host it seems naive at best.

KCon is a huge event and moneymaker for whomever hosts it. They don't need Prudential Center to draw a crowd. It's not like Prudential is the only venue space big enough in the area. Prudential needs them more so, especially given that there won't be any lucrative NCAA March Madness games there for like the next 5 years at least. And this is becoming an annual event for the arena, so they really can't afford to mess with the relationship.

This debate is stupid.

Ownership's crime is not having a public event at all. Doesn't matter where it would have been. The Flyers are doing there's at restaurant tonight and their arena is vacant.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Ownership's crime is not having a public event at all. Doesn't matter where it would have been. The Flyers are doing there's at restaurant tonight and their arena is vacant.

I can definitely agree with that. They went with the cheapest option, and I can tell you that even though I had tickets to this I decided it wasn't worth the 2 hour roundtrip drive so I'll be home.

But any argument around KCon is ridiculous.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Going to the event tonight so I'll take a picture of the magnitude of kcon just so you know.

Also, anyone know what time the event starts?[/QUOTE]

If I were you, arrive as early as possible to get a good spot in one of the bars.

kcon is indoor & outdoor for 2 nights, I think, last year's drew around 40k

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Kcon is huge. Closed off the street in front of the arena. Crowd stretches all the way back toward the Marty status. COMPLETELY PACKED from what I can see

OV6K0du.jpg

Devils line wound around dino bbq towards the bars. It's sweltering. Line moved fast since this shot was taken, I think they just let ppl

URhFPYa.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was gonna go tonight but would rather listen to all the stuff on TV/online and not pay for parking just to stand in a bar or outside watch the pick.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hey guys, any ideas as to when the development camp dates get announced for July?

They sent an email out about it the other day...

Development Camp: 3-on-3

Save the date for the 3-on-3 Skills Competition on Wednesday, July 12, at 10 a.m., as our prospects gear up for the 2017-18 season at the Barnabas Health Hockey House. Members will have an exclusive window to reserve tickets. Further event details will come next week!

Development Camp: Red vs. White

Development Camp will end with a Red vs. White Scrimmage on Saturday, July 15, at noon in the Barnabas Health Hockey House. Members will have an exclusive window to reserve tickets on AccountManager.

TheDarkSideOfThePuck

Aug 27, 2009
Ottawa
Devils fans here living in the Ottawa region. Me and my friends, who are Avalanche fans, are thinking about going to the home opener.

So I'm wondering where is the best place to buy tickets? I'm looking on stubhub and I see that upper bowl tickets are about 120$ and lower bowl 200$. Is there a cheaper way to buy them or is that the regular price? Also, is it worth it to go in the lower bowl or the view in the 200s are good?

Thanks.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Devils fans here living in the Ottawa region. Me and my friends, who are Avalanche fans, are thinking about going to the home opener.

So I'm wondering where is the best place to buy tickets? I'm looking on stubhub and I see that upper bowl tickets are about 120$ and lower bowl 200$. Is there a cheaper way to buy them or is that the regular price? Also, is it worth it to go in the lower bowl or the view in the 200s are good?

Thanks.

Just buy from the team when singles go public. That's STHers trying to make a quick cent.

Not a bad seat in the house but the 200 level seats are a tad cramped together

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
if you didn't get the e-mail in your account you can reserve tickets for the 3 on 3 scrimmage and the red vs white scrimmage. view the tix through the app.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
if you didn't get the e-mail in your account you can reserve tickets for the 3 on 3 scrimmage and the red vs white scrimmage. view the tix through the app.

Logged on to my account today and got my tickets. This will be the first time I'll be attending either sooooooo .... who/what exactly can we expect to see?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Logged on to my account today and got my tickets. This will be the first time I'll be attending either sooooooo .... who/what exactly can we expect to see?

The red vs white game is basically just a scrimmage game, I think they did a running clock with like 2 periods and maybe a shootout after the game. It was a fun time.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off

Thanks.

Would recommend waiting till closer till the season starts. That's when the cheaper secondary tickets will start popping up. Don't think I've ever paid more then 120 for an opening night ticket and that was in the lower bowl. Like JPP said, it's only STH selling right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad