Official Prudential Center, season ticket and surrounding area thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
This is a clear win in my mind- getting a regular season game instead of a preseason game? Sign me up.

And if u don't like it because you want to attend every game, you can just sell back the regular season game to the Devils (at a higher price than a preseason game) and still watch the game. And yes, I know the sell back is only a credit, but that's a good move.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This is a clear win in my mind- getting a regular season game instead of a preseason game? Sign me up.

And if u don't like it because you want to attend every game, you can just sell back the regular season game to the Devils (at a higher price than a preseason game) and still watch the game. And yes, I know the sell back is only a credit, but that's a good move.

Will they allow us to sell these back though for credits? I'd rather sit in my own seats than whatever the extra pair is to begin with. They should just give us the credit to begin with.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Will they allow us to sell these back though for credits? I'd rather sit in my own seats than whatever the extra pair is to begin with. They should just give us the credit to begin with.

That's a good point on the seats being different, but I'd expect my rep to help with that.

I hear ya on the credit for sure, but at least the economic value of a regular season game is better than a non-NYR preseason game. In that way, we could even be better off.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Anybody know the status of a draft party? Haven't heard a peep in weeks.

I saw on Facebook that they had invites sent out to season ticket holders and the event filled up immediately.

They are having it split between Edison Alehouse and I think Taste Venue or Redds.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
I saw on Facebook that they had invites sent out to season ticket holders and the event filled up immediately.

They are having it split between Edison Alehouse and I think Taste Venue or Redds.

That's a nice gesture for the STH I suppose but to not have a public event of some kind when we have the #1 pick is mind boggling to me. You have to capitalize on the excitement of an event like that. There is a much bigger chance of a non-STH like me talking to someone about tickets at that kind of event than there is me responding to some form email or one of their 300 annoying sales calls.

Then again this isn't surprising. This team has never figured out how to properly market itself.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
FYI the team sent out a survey this morning looking for feedback on last season's experience. It covers all the usual areas, and took me about 10 to 15 minutes (in part because I try to give each question some thought).

I know people here tend to dislike these surveys, but they really are a good way to provide feedback and hopefully get some change.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

All 3 bars are participating.

It's open to the public, arrive early if interested and keep in mind of the K-Con festival at The Rock, so parking lots will charge event pricing.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
All 3 bars are participating.

It's open to the public, arrive early if interested and keep in mind of the K-Con festival at The Rock, so parking lots will charge event pricing.

It is? I've not seen one announcement to that effect. Additionally, I just got an email with information about the draft itself, but no mention of that.

Maybe they won't stop a non-STH from entering one of the bars but they sure aren't promoting it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I haven't seen anything that it's open to the public. STH had to reserve spots and not even all of them are able to get in.

To me the Devils screwed this up big time.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Got this on June 9th. This doesn't imply general public one way or the other, but does say STH is full.

oklBjMx.png

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
to not have a public event of some kind when we have the #1 pick is mind boggling to me. You have to capitalize on the excitement of an event like that......Then again this isn't surprising. This team has never figured out how to properly market itself.

Was there an event already booked at The Rock in advance of the lottery drawing?

If so, it's understandable. If not, then yes, the Devils have yet again shot themselves in the foot.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yes

KConn was booked well in advance.

Then it's unfortunate and there's nothing the Devils could have done.

I guess you could make the argument that they should never book draft night when the Devils have a 1st Round pick, but $$$ typically wins out in the end.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I guess you could make the argument that they should never book draft night when the Devils have a 1st Round pick, but $$$ typically wins out in the end.

Yeah I don't think there'll be any season going forward where the arena's NOT booked draft night as long as draft night's on a Friday - weekend summer night date = $$$$

If the draft was midweek maybe that'd be another story.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014

I could make a bigger argument that there are plenty of bars besides the three that are hosting the STH events tonight that the team could have held public draft parties at. Getting the #1 pick is an event that the team needs to capitalize on. It would be worth more than the endless supply of unsolicited phone calls put together when it comes to making a sales pitch and creating some buzz.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Yeah I don't think there'll be any season going forward where the arena's NOT booked draft night as long as draft night's on a Friday - weekend summer night date = $$$$

If the draft was midweek maybe that'd be another story.

KCON attracts way more people and makes way more money than any Devils draft party.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You know what else is booked well in advance? The NHL draft

Thanks, no one would have ever guessed that.

But, that was not the question.

Granted, it would have been ideal to have the main arena free for a Top-5 pick let alone #1 overall.

However, a free draft party is a $ drain and K-Conn will draw thousands of paying customers.

The bars should be fun for those that can attend-although there will be space limitations.

In the 90's draft parties were held at the Sheraton in the Meadowlands and hosted by the radio play by play announcers.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Thanks, no one would have ever guessed that.

But, that was not the question.

Granted, it would have been ideal to have the main arena free for a Top-5 pick let alone #1 overall.

However, a free draft party is a $ drain and K-Conn will draw thousands of paying customers.

The bars should be fun for those that can attend-although there will be space limitations.

In the 90's draft parties were held at the Sheraton in the Meadowlands and hosted by the radio play by play announcers.

The Prudential Center has a ton of open dates in the Summer. To willingly book something on draft day is a slap to the hockey side of operations. I know you're a huge fan, so there's nothing I can say to change your opinion on anything but I would like you to know you are wrong here

Last edited by a moderator:

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
NJ has the largest Korean population outside Korea so it's kind of hard for me to be mad about this. Besides, we all know the almighty dollar comes first; that's an American thing, not just the owners.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Prudential Center has a ton of open dates in the Summer. To willingly book something on draft day is a slap to the hockey side of operations. I know you're a huge fanboy so there's nothing I can say to change your opinion on anything but I would like you to know you are wrong here

DAE should refuse popular ticket buying shows for a free draft party for a thousand or so fans?
Have you ever considered that this was the only weekend that K-Conn folks were available?

While maybe a few hundred or so Devils fans are unhappy that they won't be going to a draft party tonight, it would not a wise business decision to block off the arena.

As a Devils fan, I would be happier if they did block this night off and scheduled a Draft Party, but it's clear why they did not.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
NJ has the largest Korean population outside Korea so it's kind of hard for me to be mad about this. Besides, we all know the almighty dollar comes first; that's an American thing, not just the owners.

DAE should refuse popular ticket buying shows for a free draft party for a thousand or so fans?
Have you ever considered that this was the only weekend that K-Conn folks were available?

While maybe a few hundred or so Devils fans are unhappy that they won't be going to a draft party tonight, it would not a wise business decision to block off the arena.

As a Devils fan, I would be happier if they did block this night off and scheduled a Draft Party, but it's clear why they did not.

The arena has 2 event days in July. Just have the event another day. It's really that simple

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
The arena has 2 event days in July. Just have the event another day. It's really that simple

I didn't check the pru calendar (or kcon's tour schedule if there is one) but yeah that's a bit more damning since it may suggest effort wasn't made to keep that weekend open. Not a priority I guess given we didn't even have parties for other high first round picks outside the 2011 Larsson draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad