Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with forward Oscar Lindberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I don't always agree with every decision they make, but I definitely respect and value their knowledge and experience more than a teenager on a hockey forum.

And that's everything that's wrong with this place. Don Sweeney could be out GM and you would defend his moves

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I don't always agree with every decision they make, but I definitely respect and value their knowledge and experience more than a teenager on a hockey forum.

Okay, whatever helps you deal with watching Glass game in and game out.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
You should put your hard work and dedication to good use. Perhaps try applying for a job in the Rangers organization? Obviously they could use your expertise and knowledge on the game being that upper management doesn't have a clue how to assemble a successful hockey team.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53770

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/jobs/jobsall.cfm

So your fallback is the "but management knows more than you" spiel, really? That's Pee-Wee Herman stuff, that's HF's version of "I know you are but what am I".

I would love to see your take if they traded Hank instead of Talbot, it sure as **** wouldn't be "but management knows what they're doing" nonsense.

My god management is horribly wrong here, and also how do you know that current management doesn't think Glass sucks?

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
So your fallback is the "but management knows more than you" spiel, really? That's Pee-Wee Herman stuff, that's HF's version of "I know you are but what am I".

I would love to see your take if they traded Hank instead of Talbot, it sure as **** wouldn't be "but management knows what they're doing" nonsense.

My god management is horribly wrong here, and also how do you know that current management doesn't think Glass sucks?

Can't wait to see this "argument" die. Maybe then, people will think for themselves.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
His role isn't the same as a top 9 player. This is something that is consistently misunderstood. He's a 4th line grinder who can hit hard, often and can fight/protect teammates.

Management wants that in the lineup. I am sorry you have trouble understanding this.

Thats the thing though. Glass only goes for The home run checks and misses most of the time taking himself out of position.

The fighting/protecting teammates thing a myth. It used to be a good idea to have some guys on your team that can muck it up but the game has changed and I believe the Rangers management is having a really hard time accepting it.

Players in today's game are not afraid of other players. Especially Glass who can't even land a decent hit. The only way he can hurt you is if you agree to fight him.

He has NO redeeming qualities.

If a players best quality is how he fights, then he is a bad player.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Thats the thing though. Glass only goes for The home run checks and misses most of the time taking himself out of position.

The fighting/protecting teammates thing a myth. It used to be a good idea to have some guys on your team that can muck it up but the game has changed and I believe the Rangers management is having a really hard time accepting it.

Players in today's game are not afraid of other players. Especially Glass who can't even land a decent hit. The only way he can hurt you is if you agree to fight him.

He has NO redeeming qualities.

If a players best quality is how he fights, then he is a bad player.

This, this, a thousand times this. The game is different. Deterrents are only a deterrent to their own team at this point.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
You should put your hard work and dedication to good use. Perhaps try applying for a job in the Rangers organization? Obviously they could use your expertise and knowledge on the game being that upper management doesn't have a clue how to assemble a successful hockey team.

Awesome. I just want to know though, what NHL team do you work for as a goalie coach? Because I have to say I can't listen to your "expert" opinions if you have no pro experience.

No what I find unbelievable is that this fan base on this forum *****ed and moaned for years about how awful our depth was and how bad out 4th line was. Last year we had a really really good 4th line and they scored a goal in every series winner on our way to the SCF last year (all of which were 1 goal games). Then all of a sudden we sign Glass and he is an anchor around our 4th line and it's not his fault because he's just a 4th liner and now it's Nash's fault we have no scoring depth.

It's amazing. Truly amazing.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Not what I said, but apparently plenty of members here believe they are smarter than the actual people who are running the day-to-day operations of a professional hockey team/business that is valued at more than a billion dollars.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Can't wait to see this "argument" die. Maybe then, people will think for themselves.

Exactly, sometimes I think people are afraid to actually have an opinion on somethings. How can that position be a go to statement on a message board.

Glass has zero awareness and anticipation skills. That's why 99% of his hits mean nothing. His hits don't impact possession because they're so late, and players can brace for him because they see him coming a mile away.

If Glass had the IQ to get himself into a position for his hits to actually matter, he would be a much more valuable player, even if you changed literally nothing else about his game.

I wouldn't dispute one word of your post. Hits 3-5 seconds after the puck is up ice are useless but they sure look pretty when those boards shake.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
No coincidence that guys like Orr, McLaren, Rupp, Jansen, Bickell, Boulton seemingly just dropped off the face of the earth/league.

Enforcers are ****ing dead. Gary Bettman/DoPS/The New rulebook protects the precious players nowadays. Back in the DPE which was only as late as 11-12 + years ago, you could get away with murder and you actually needed enforcers.

Take hint management. If you have to part with Klein to ship Glass, later bro...

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Not what I said, but apparently plenty of members here believe they are smarter than the actual people who are running the day-to-day operations of a professional hockey team/business that is valued at more than a billion dollars.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Oh I know I am smarter than a lot of people that are in Hockey management, I also know many posters here are smarter and in some instances a lot smarter than those very same people.

Edit: They just know more about building NHL teams or coaching them, they know more about the inner working of hockey and the NHL.

Last edited:

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York

There's plenty of basketball analysts/bloggers who seem smarter than basketball coaches/GMs (see: The Lakers, Oklahoma City's awful coach holding back Westbrook and Durant)

Hell, there's plenty of academics/lawyers/what have you smarter than people in Congress.

Nobody is saying they're smarter than AV...we're just saying it's a pretty atrocious decision to keep playing Glass. AV is human, too. Being a coach doesn't make him an infallible machine.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
McIllraith, fast, miller then Stepan left
Leave the big fish for last
Think Miller might be a bit difficult to deal with
We shall see
Logical order so far anyways

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
There's plenty of basketball analysts/bloggers who seem smarter than basketball coaches/GMs (see: The Lakers, Oklahoma City's awful coach holding back Westbrook and Durant)

Hell, there's plenty of academics/lawyers/what have you smarter than people in Congress.

Nobody is saying they're smarter than AV...we're just saying it's a pretty atrocious decision to keep playing Glass. AV is human, too. Being a coach doesn't make him an infallible machine.

This isn't about one man, it's about three. Sather, Gorton, and AV. They all want him in the lineup.

12 forwards, and 1 of the 12 happens to not have much skill, but adds an element of grit (sandpaper) whatever you want to call it, to the lineup.

I don't have the ability to ask them why they prefer that, but others have and the answers are all the same. They want that element in the lineup.

Some agree with it, and some don't.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

You know you are on the wrong side of the argument when you resort to this. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Glass has any sort of positive impact when playing is clueless to this aspect.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
You know you are on the wrong side of the argument when you resort to this. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Glass has any sort of positive impact when playing is clueless to this aspect.

I didn't resort to anything, we have people in this thread who believe they are smarter than the people who run our beloved professional sports team valued at over $1 billion dollars.

If you believe you're qualified to do that, you should apply to work in sports management. Simple as that.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I didn't resort to anything, we have people in this thread who believe they are smarter than the people who run our beloved professional sports team valued at over $1 billion dollars.

If you believe you're qualiied to do that, you should apply to work in sports management. Simple as that.

Yes, we believe we're smarter than management because we think that playing Glass is a poor decision. Right on.

Again, at least we're thinking for ourselves rather than just going along with some other people's opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad