OT: Official Jersey & Merchandise Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The quality isn't great but if it's something you don't mind wearing for cheap, why not. Personally I wouldn't wear it. The quality doesn't seem much less than what you can buy on NHL.com for 180 bucks (feel like I got ski masked). The numbers, name and shoulder patches aren't even stitched. Can you believe that? Jersey City offers a better quality (actually stitched) but the two times I've ordered from them it hasn't been great. First one I got the wrong jersey ( heatley read rather thsn black) second time it took 7 weeks. There excuse inventory...

Next up, river city sports.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
The quality isn't great but if it's something you don't mind wearing for cheap, why not. Personally I wouldn't wear it. The quality doesn't seem much less than what you can buy on NHL.com for 180 bucks (feel like I got ski masked). The numbers, name and shoulder patches aren't even stitched. Can you believe that? Jersey City offers a better quality (actually stitched) but the two times I've ordered from them it hasn't been great. First one I got the wrong jersey ( heatley read rather thsn black) second time it took 7 weeks. There excuse inventory...

Next up, river city sports.

That's why I tried elsewhere. I've got an NHL.com jersey, one I bought from a local shop where the owner is a giant dick, and one from Jersey City. The NHL.com one that I paid around $200 for wasn't even that fantastic. The JC one is probably the best of the three and the local sports shop guy probably just bought his from NHL.com and sold for profit.

Living in BC gives you god awful options for Sens jerseys in person.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I have seen worse.

Funny part we seeing some REALLY bad fake heritage jerseys at a game.

I couldn't help but think, "You paid $50 for that plus shipping. You are at a game where you paid $50+ for a ticket. You could have bought a real heritage jersey from one of the Sens store for $150 an gotten 2 free tickets."

And as far as your "god aweful SENS jersey" comment, I happen to like mine a lot. I wear my SENS Phillips jersey with pride. I am not alone. Last game I went to (Caps) I counted 16 SENS jerseys, 6 Heritage, 3 Red home, 2 Red "Swoosh",1 White road, 1 black and gold and 1 original white home in the section around me. That is 16 SENS vs 14 Others. ps, I was wearing my Alfy Heritage and let my dad wear my Phillips SENS. Both purchased at SBP.

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
Yeah.

The poster "trentmccleary" is to statistical analysis as I am to jerseys. I'm self-admittedly maybe the most jersey obsessed person here, but it's a badge I wear with pride, more than anything. There are a lot of people out there where jersey collecting is a legit hobby. Although, not a ton on the Sens boards, admittedly...

What can I say? I'm passionate about jerseys. There are WAY more of us than you'd think...

You can ad me to the list. 19 Sens jerseys and counting. Im in Nanaimo B.C. right now and I'm closing in on a Greening Clippers jersey and a Turris Burnaby Express. An obscure piece of my collection is a Dave McLlwain Kolner Haie (Cologne Sharks) from Germany ;) ....oh and none of my jerseys are fakes!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You can ad me to the list. 19 Sens jerseys and counting. Im in Nanaimo B.C. right now and I'm closing in on a Greening Clippers jersey and a Turris Burnaby Express. An obscure piece of my collection is a Dave McLlwain Kolner Haie (Cologne Sharks) from Germany ;) ....oh and none of my jerseys are fakes!

DAMN. I used to even LIVE in Burnaby, AND saw him play for that team... I wish I had had the foresight to get an Express jersey while I was there. Hindsight being 20/20, and all that. No way to know back then that Turris would someday be a Senator. Even getting a blank Express jersey would be cool now, I could just have it crested...

And you're the first person I've met who has more Sens jerseys than I do! I'm at 16 and counting... my overall jersey collection is almost over 200, though. I'm spreading it out over the league.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I don't think we should have a thread supporting the illegal reproduction of jerseys.

They look like trash and if you can't afford a real jersey then why don't people just buy one of those t-shirts with the player's name and number on the back.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I had a heritage Chines knockoff, and it was horribly done incorretly!

Seems the only time they make a good knock off is on the old replica jersey's like the Nordiques, Old Winnipeg & old Canuck jersey's for some reason.

some are worth buying, most are not!

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
My current collection, all legit:

IMAG0052.jpg

Redden - Blank - Hossa - Alfie
IMAG0053.jpg

Blank - Blank - Eberle

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Anyone have any experiences with Jersey personalization? My Blank [legitimate] one I'd like to get Karlsson or Greening on but I don't want it to look like garbage. Jersey City claims they can do it but I dunno

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anyone have any experiences with Jersey personalization? My Blank [legitimate] one I'd like to get Karlsson or Greening on but I don't want it to look like garbage. Jersey City claims they can do it but I dunno

If you're getting it done locally, The Clubhouse (Kanata, Merivale Rd, Rideau Center) has the best QUALITY cresting, but they're more expensive than most other places.

Ottawa Sports Gallery used to be good at cresting, but someone told me they use a different crester now, and they're not as good.

Sens Store are pretty ok. Nothing great, nothing bad. Average price.

If you're sending it out (via mail), River City Sports is probably the most RELIABLE. There are a few places on the net that will charge you less, but are slightly sketchier.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
If you're getting it done locally, The Clubhouse (Kanata, Merivale Rd, Rideau Center) has the best QUALITY cresting, but they're more expensive than most other places.

Ottawa Sports Gallery used to be good at cresting, but someone told me they use a different crester now, and they're not as good.

If you're sending it out (via mail), River City Sports is probably the most RELIABLE. There are a few places on the net that will charge you less, but are slightly sketchier.

I live in BC so none of those places ring a bell haha. There's only a Jersey City and some local sports shop I'll never deal with that do it near me.

Alaskimo

Pesky Pesky...
Jul 28, 2011
And you're the first person I've met who has more Sens jerseys than I do! I'm at 16 and counting... my overall jersey collection is almost over 200, though. I'm spreading it out over the league.
:amazed: Dangggg.... You should post them sometime lol

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa

I'm looking to get a few jerseys numbered as well but I had a bad experience with The Clubhouse. I don't know if it was just because they changed up the jerseys a bit during the lead up into the olympics, but when I bought my jersey from them the Nike swoosh was in the wrong spot/wrong colour and the "A" was way too low.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I live in BC so none of those places ring a bell haha. There's only a Jersey City and some local sports shop I'll never deal with that do it near me.

Oh yeah?
I spent two+ years in Vancouver (Burnaby/ Burquitlam, to be specific) while my wife did her masters at Simon Frasier. Lived right near Lougheed Mall, if you're in the Lower Mainland I know a GREAT place you can take them too.

Let me remember their name, might take a few minutes. I'll get back to you.

*EDIT*
Cyclone Taylor Sports
They have a few locations in the lower mainland. I had two jerseys done by them, I brought them to their location on Clarke Road and they did AMAZING work, but they seem to have locations in Richmond, Surrey, and elsewhere.

I haven't lived in Vancouver since 2007 though, so if they're run by a bunch of douchecanoes now, I'm only vouching for the 2007 era of that store.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm looking to get a few jerseys numbered as well but I had a bad experience with The Clubhouse. I don't know if it was just because they changed up the jerseys a bit during the lead up into the olympics, but when I bought my jersey from them the Nike swoosh was in the wrong spot/wrong colour and the "A" was way too low.

Huh. Which location did you go to?

Clubhouse wouldn't have had anything to do with the swoosh, BTW, that's a Nike problem, nothing the retailer can do about that.

As for the "A", should've just ask them to reposition it. I've had good service from them in the past, they're usually very accommodating. It's definitely possible to do.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I came to see what I thought would be some aesthetically pleasing authentic jersey's. This thread has disappointed the heck out of me. Those are the ugliest knock-offs I have ever seen. If this thread was charging money, I would ask for mine back, plus interest.

If you're going to spend $100, spend an extra 50 and at least get something that looks somewhat proper. But this is coming from someone who wont buy a jersey unless it is authentic. So I suppose I'm a bit of a stickler for quality.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
this is what my old school authentic jersey looks like... even in a bad photo it still looks good. Bought after the 2007 playoffs.
355_88036670706_628690706_4550155_1524_n.jpg

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Huh. Which location did you go to?

Clubhouse wouldn't have had anything to do with the swoosh, BTW, that's a Nike problem, nothing the retailer can do about that.

As for the "A", should've just ask them to reposition it. I've had good service from them in the past, they're usually very accommodating. It's definitely possible to do.

I got it done at Kanata location and haven't had another jersey numbered before. I figured with the white material if you moved anything that had been stitched it would make a mess.

I'll have to give them a shot at my red jersey before I'll look at getting the heritage jersey done.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
How pissed off is your wife that you're using up all the closet space?
I actually started selling some of my jerseys on ebay, minus the Sens ones, which ill be keeping forever. Just sold old LA Kings yellow and purple authentique, Bruins Pooh Bear, and Lightning old rainstorm third.

I have a Karlsson heritage authentique on order from jerseyexpress, although my one buddy is pissed at them right now because they effed up his Flyers winter classic hardcore, apparently the name/numbers are supposed to be felt, and they put the replica numbering/name on it, even though it's an authentique jersey, he had to send it back.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How pissed off is your wife that you're using up all the closet space?

Not pissed at all, I picked up some Ikea "modular" closets ("Pax" closets) to keep them in, in my hockey room. My jerseys don't encroach on regular closet space at all, that's for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad