OT: Official Jersey & Merchandise Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
And you're the first person I've met who has more Sens jerseys than I do! I'm at 16 and counting... my overall jersey collection is almost over 200, though. I'm spreading it out over the league.

I am the jersey collector among my friends but I have a handful compared to you guys.

I have 5 Leafs, 2 Sens, 1 Flames, 1 Pens all crested. I also have Guns N' Roses (G N' R #06) and blank Toronto Blue Jays hockey jerseys and a handful of practice jerseys. I have a knockoff Ovechkin that looks ok on the outside but like garbage on the inside.

I have owned and sold pro Habs (CORSON #27) and 2000 All Star (SUNDIN #13) jerseys. I decided I don't need a $300+ jersey hanging in my closet and don't love the way they fit.

My uncle is also a collector (he has around 30) with 4 or 5 Flames jerseys as he spent the last 10 years in Calgary.

My oldest jersey is 12 years old. How long have you guys been collecting? Do you wear hockey jerseys all the time, or do they spend most of the time in the closet?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ac6a9fd3.jpg

this are all jerseys ive bought in mexico for 25$ lol. except the sens ones.
since then i only added a red edge replica sens. (that i cant find................)
and recently a fake heritage sens. (which im even more happy after seeing some other fakes)

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
I've had some friends order jerseys from borntrade and they were pretty bad.

I've ordered once (2 jerseys - Not sens) from ecseller and I was actually pretty surprised by the quality. My Eberle jersey is better quality than the replica one that my friend bought from nhl.com.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I am the jersey collector among my friends but I have a handful compared to you guys.

I have 5 Leafs, 2 Sens, 1 Flames, 1 Pens all crested. I also have Guns N' Roses (G N' R #06) and blank Toronto Blue Jays hockey jerseys and a handful of practice jerseys. I have a knockoff Ovechkin that looks ok on the outside but like garbage on the inside.

I have owned and sold pro Habs (CORSON #27) and 2000 All Star (SUNDIN #13) jerseys. I decided I don't need a $300+ jersey hanging in my closet and don't love the way they fit.

My uncle is also a collector (he has around 30) with 4 or 5 Flames jerseys as he spent the last 10 years in Calgary.

My oldest jersey is 12 years old. How long have you guys been collecting? Do you wear hockey jerseys all the time, or do they spend most of the time in the closet?

Collecting... 12 years, or so? Probably around then.
Well, I guess I've been collecting since I was 6: my dad always got me a jersey for Christmas as a kid, but those don't count, I don't think.

I used to wear my jerseys ALL the time, but less so these days: wearing nice jerseys around your 2 year old daughter is just asking to ruin said nice jersey.

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
I added to my collection today. Love 'em or hate 'em, I've always wanted an Islanders fisherman jersey. I've seen many come and go on ebay: Palffy, Berard, Clark, Soderstrom, Sevigny. They all sold for >$200 which was my threshold. Today I landed an XL Clark for ~$200 total. Palffy was my first choice but there is nothing wrong with Leaf propaganda. :)

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I too have a $hitload of jersey's mostly authentic, and a few knockoffs! :yo:

I wear all of my jersey's to pickup hockey/outdoor hockey, except for a few signed (rare) Pro jersey's, that I might wear, but not while playing Hockey! :handclap:

My wife say's it's a disease....:help:

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
I too have a $hitload of jersey's mostly authentic, and a few knockoffs! :yo:

I wear all of my jersey's to pickup hockey/outdoor hockey, except for a few signed (rare) Pro jersey's, that I might wear, but not while playing Hockey! :handclap:

Visiting my uncle in Calgary 2 summers ago and seeing his collection really validated mine. He had well over 30.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
it's nice to see other collectors of sports stuff i collect jersey's and memorabillia. i also have NFL stuff not much though as importing is expensive.

i have the current third jersey, the new third jersey both Reebok premier blanks, a signed Carey price away jersey for montreal with name number but it's a Reebok premier and a signed Matt forte Chicago bears jersey with numbers and everything sewn on.

and other autographs pictures like spezza, yorkie, Rhodes, Felix potvin, Gerber, Cowen.. ETC.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I added to my collection today. Love 'em or hate 'em, I've always wanted an Islanders fisherman jersey. I've seen many come and go on ebay: Palffy, Berard, Clark, Soderstrom, Sevigny. They all sold for >$200 which was my threshold. Today I landed an XL Clark for ~$200 total. Palffy was my first choice but there is nothing wrong with Leaf propaganda. :)

Ugh, I miss mine, but I traded it for a green Whalers jersey (circa '94), which are much harder to find.

I have to look for a new one. I've seen some white ones fairly cheap, but I have my heart set on the blue jersey, and they're pretty rare to find and, like you said, cost an arm and a leg when legit ones show up.

Our wives should start a support group, lol...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Saw a guy wearing an Alfie version of the fake heritage at the game

Man, which one?
I see dozens of fake heritages at games. They're all bad.

Although tonight, the fake Blackhawks jerseys in the arena were especially bad. There's not a worse fake jersey out there than a fake Chicago jersey... it's like they're trying to get every possible aspect of the jersey wrong.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Man, which one?

Although tonight, the fake Blackhawks jerseys in the arena were especially bad. There's not a worse fake jersey out there than a fake Chicago jersey... it's like they're trying to get every possible aspect of the jersey wrong.

The one in the op's pic, but Alfie instead of Spezza. I saw the back and was thinking it looked like the one in the pic, then the guy turned around and I saw the O :shakehead :facepalm:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Man, which one?

Did you see the guy sitting behind the bench wearing an autographed fake chicago jersey? lol I would be embarrassed to ask someone to sign it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The one in the op's pic, but Alfie instead of Spezza. I saw the back and was thinking it looked like the one in the pic, then the guy turned around and I saw the O :shakehead :facepalm:

I was referring to the fact that there are a LOT of fake heritage jerseys at the arena all of a sudden. Lots of Alfie versions out there.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Did you see the guy sitting behind the bench wearing an autographed fake chicago jersey? lol I would be embarrassed to ask someone to sign it.

I didn't see it, but chances are it could very well be a fake autograph, too.

I've seen tons of those on eBay: fake jersey + fake autograph combo. Comes with "certificate of authenticity" (ie: a piece of medium-quality "antique" finished paper with a graphic someone took 15 minutes to design on Illustrator then print on their inket).

Sad that people would fall for stuff like that.

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
A couple older pictures. I have since added to the collection. A bonk 14 "A" (still looking for a 76) and my parents are coming for a visit and bringing my all star Alfie and Karlsson.
I used to collect other jerseys but have focused more on my Sens. I have a vast collection of team Canada jerseys and Gretzky jerseys amongst others. Came close to getting an old 14 Marsh but decided on a pair of Kelly Guard game used pads instead :) the gold pads he used in Bingo!

Last edited:

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I love that Chris Kelly Binghamton jersey! I have a blank reebok Bingo jersey from the year after the lockout, I wish it was a SP like yours so I could customize it with Spezza or Kelly.

Al Cverik

Oct 15, 2011
Is it possible to get name plates and numbers changed on jerseys? I'm curious because I have a Heatley Sens authentic.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Is it possible to get name plates and numbers changed on jerseys? I'm curious because I have a Heatley Sens authentic.

Removing a nameplate shouldn't be a problem, removing the numbers may leave glue residue or you could damage the jersey if not careful.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm so conflicted, I want a Zibanejad jersey, but I'm a leafs fan.
There is an easy way to solve that

Solution =
m_zibanejad1.jpg

A couple older pictures. I have since added to the collection. A bonk 14 "A" (still looking for a 76) and my parents are coming for a visit and bringing my all star Alfie and Karlsson.
I used to collect other jerseys but have focused more on my Sens. I have a vast collection of team Canada jerseys and Gretzky jerseys amongst others. Came close to getting an old 14 Marsh but decided on a pair of Kelly Guard game used pads instead :) the gold pads he used in Bingo!

I'm digging your Sens collection!
N4SWN.gif

The McLlwain jersey is especially epic.

If you lived in Ottawa, I'd be able to send you to a guy who would get that looked after. Seeing as how you're not, best advice I can give you is to go to any sewing store/ Walmart and buy a $2 seam ripper, pull the nameplate off, and hope there's a pro-shop in your area that can sew on a new name. Places here in Ottawa charge $20-30 to add a name/nameplate.

As long as you don't rip the jersey, any damage you do to it will probably just be covered by the new nameplate you're going to put over there it used to say "HEATLEY", so you'll never see it. Any glue residue will also just be covered by the new nameplate, so no worries there.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Anywhere I've asked the place wouldn't do it, since I have 2 Volchenkov jerseys was thinking of switching one of them to Da Costa, or for having it available for the future. What I've been told is they dont want to take responsibility for effing up taking the nameplate off.

Here's a pic of one of my fave jerseys I have, replica jersey with pro stitching though.

PicturesFeb21004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad