• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was at that viewing party and remember it well. Drury scored with 7.7 seconds left in the 3rd and Maxim Afinegenov won it in overtime and I broke a trash can near the stairwell exits.

Tough night...haha

The most angry I've been after a loss game 5 of this series on Monday. The most sad I was was that game.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'll say this about the Canes, they are about to retool with all their free agents but the core of Aho, Svech, Necas & Jarvis is very solid up front and they will be better down the road for these losses. I see them falling into more of a 3 seed/ wild card position the next couple years while they get their goaltending and defense figured out. I think its a team that wins a Cup when their stars are into their late 20s and 30s like the Rangers. It's an organization that has some growing up to do.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Let me tell you a story...

I live in the NW suburbs of Houston, TX. At about 6:00pm local time a storm started hitting our area. It knocked our power out. High winds, tornadoes, shit ton of rain. When the storm passed I tried as much as I could to watch the game on my phone. Power is still out here. Bad, bad storm. Anyway when I could watch I saw the Rangers give up three goals. Because cell service was spotty I missed the Trocheck goal. And I missed the Kreider hat trick. My mother in law was the one that kept us updated. As I was trying to mess around with our generator and darkness overhead I was met by, "THE RANGERS ARE UP 4-3." And then a little later, "THE RANGERS WON!!!" I was so elated. I had serious doubts. Later we were able to find out about the hat trick.

This morning we are still without power and could be without it for days. But we're alive and so too are THE NEW YORK f***ING RANGERS!
God bless. Saw that on the news. Incredible

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Boston is a LOT worse than Carolina. and they've been getting the shit beat out of them for what will be 14 games if they win. i want them badly.
We'd beat Boston in 5, if they're lucky enough to get one. Florida would be the more eventful, exciting type series. Not gonna lie, I wanna be able to attend at least one.
Wanna know WHY I know we're gonna win it all? You know that commercial with the Avalanche "couple" that broke up for the sake of the AVS? Well, my GF of 10 years, and I have broken up. She was a devout Rangers fan, born in CT. and true to the Rangers affiliate, Hartford. Followed Cally, Ortmetyer, Hollweg, etc. Anyway, she's gone and look where we are. #Greattradeoff

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
I still don’t get the roslovic hate. Team leading 74% xGF in this game, pretty much just wheels pucks in the right direction every shift. Game 2 he was actually insane. Idc what Sean Avery’s dumb CTE ass thinks about him

Because they wanted to acquire an All Star in return for the 2026 4th round pick. But then they would whine why we gave up Kakko, a first rounder and a leading prospect for a rental.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Thanks. I have ESPN+ but was told you don't have access to it if they play on ESPN. Is that not the case?
this is true
as long as your TV subscription (cable, fios, YouTubeTV, etc)
includes ESPN, TBS, TNT (all typically part of Basic cable)
then all remaining NHL playoff games will be available by tuning to those flagship channels

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I pick on him, but hell of a grit play by Roslovic to set up the second goal.

This team played a great series and beat a phenomenal hockey team.

Laviolette has done a great job.

Has it been said? 2 ECF's in 3 years!!
As well you should. Yes, i think he's talented but many are. Those flyby's don't sit well with me. You would think......the Rangers saving him from Columbus and giving him the opportunity to have his name set on Lord Stanley's Cup, he would be giving everything he has. He did contribute though. Prob will be the last 13 games he will play for us. He is looking for a contract, right?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I would think he may have "switched it out". Would think he would think that that stick is HOT, and needed for Game #1.
During one of the icings at the end, Kreider switched his stick. I don't know if it was broken or if he was just trying to buy some time, but the stick he gave the kid wasn't he one he scored the goals with.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm still coming down from the emotional rollercoaster and adrenaline rush from that 3rd period, but that win is going to be seared into my memory forever. I loved the jump in their skates from the opening faceoff and thought they deserved a lot better than how that first period went. They controlled the pace of play nearly all period but were having a tough time with the puck bouncing everywhere on them.

It shows a lot about the mental makeup of this team for not collapsing after going down 3-1. Rest up, get a bit healthier, and carry that momentum into the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad