OT: Official HF Bruins Board Pet Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
And now for some happy....

Daisy used to belong to the son of a friend that I work with. I didn't get her until she was 7 years old.

My friend told her son that Daisy has passed... he sent her this pic to send to me of Daisy with their son. Daisy was 3 in this pic.

IMG_0004.jpg

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
This is the home team. The first two pics are Lucky, about 15 yrs old and a rescue. We went to the shelter to look at dogs and came home with a beat up cat. He's blind in one eye, permanently dipped ear, has no teeth, tail broken in several places, and is an avid bruins fan. Never misses a game. Enforcer weighing in at 7.5 lbs.

Next is Kyo, or Orange Boy when I'm po'd at him. Close to 20 lbs and an immovable force. Don't let his prim and proper pose fool you.

Last is Camilla. She's another rescue that fills out the group at about 8.5 lbs. She has the tip of her tail broken also. Looks like a question mark the way that it is broken.

Someday we'll welcome a dog into the fold when we spend more time at home.

Lucky computer.jpg
lucky chair.jpg
Kyo paws crossed.jpg
Camilla.jpg

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
489A091E-7286-4E12-AA37-E95CD4F00EF2.jpeg

Been heartbroken the last week because my guy suddenly passed on me while we were playing last Monday. He was 9 so it’s not like he was super young- but it was so sudden and quite frankly pretty traumatizing. Best friend gone in an instant while we were having fun. Our final month we spent down in NC and he got to chase shorebirds and shriek at the neighborhood dogs. It’s getting a little easier day after day but f*** it really sucks not having him around. It’s no different than family- give them an extra hug when you can because you never know when the day will come where you can’t do that anymore.

Also would like to advocate for adopting middle age/older animals. I only had 3 years with him but the memories I built with him mean the world to me. The amount of love and loyalty they will show you is immense. RIP to the goofiest boy I could have ever asked for.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
View attachment 711868

Been heartbroken the last week because my guy suddenly passed on me while were playing last Monday. He was 9 so it’s not like he was super young- but it was so sudden and quite frankly pretty traumatizing. Best friend gone in an instant while we were having fun. Our final month we spent down in NC and he got to chase shorebirds and shriek at the neighborhood dogs. It’s getting a little easier day after day but f*** it really sucks not having him around. It’s no different than family- give them an extra hug when you can because you never know when the day will come where you can’t do that anymore.

Also would like to advocate for adopting middle age/older animals. I only had 3 years with him but the memories I built with him mean the world to me. The amount of love and loyalty they will show you is immense. RIP to the goofiest boy I could have ever asked for.
Yep. I adopted Max when he was 8 (which is pretty old for a bulldog). He was boarded at our vet and his previous owners never came and got him. Easily the best dog I've ever owned. He's got his 12th birthday coming up next month and we are going to make it a memorable one, because he doesn't have too many left.

Really sorry for your loss. But its better to have had the time with them and lose them, than to never have had them at all. I know that probably doesn't help right now, but its true.....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
View attachment 711868

Been heartbroken the last week because my guy suddenly passed on me while were playing last Monday. He was 9 so it’s not like he was super young- but it was so sudden and quite frankly pretty traumatizing. Best friend gone in an instant while we were having fun. Our final month we spent down in NC and he got to chase shorebirds and shriek at the neighborhood dogs. It’s getting a little easier day after day but f*** it really sucks not having him around. It’s no different than family- give them an extra hug when you can because you never know when the day will come where you can’t do that anymore.

so sorry for your loss, so tough to lose our best fur buddies

Reactions: Ladyfan and CDJ

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
View attachment 711868

Sorry for your loss man

Reactions: CDJ

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
View attachment 711868

wow.

so sorry.

Reactions: Ladyfan and CDJ

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
View attachment 711868

Been heartbroken the last week because my guy suddenly passed on me while we were playing last Monday. He was 9 so it’s not like he was super young- but it was so sudden and quite frankly pretty traumatizing. Best friend gone in an instant while we were having fun. Our final month we spent down in NC and he got to chase shorebirds and shriek at the neighborhood dogs. It’s getting a little easier day after day but f*** it really sucks not having him around. It’s no different than family- give them an extra hug when you can because you never know when the day will come where you can’t do that anymore.

Awwww... so sorry. You're right, it totally sucks. But glad you got to enjoy a few years with him.

tTheVeganWoofMate

Adopt.Volunteer. Rescued is the best breed!
Mar 21, 2019
NJ
View attachment 711868

This has had me shook since I read it yesterday. What a beautiful majestic bull. I can’t say anything that will help or hasn’t been said. I can say that he is still with you and he is still watching over you. I believe this with all my soul because I am living with it as well. He can see you and continue to look after you.
I am so truly sorry and best of luck going forward.

This has had me shook since I read it yesterday. What a beautiful majestic bull. I can’t say anything that will help or hasn’t been said. I can say that he is still with you and he is still watching over you. I believe this with all my soul because I am living with it as well. He can see you and continue to look after you.
I am so truly sorry and best of luck going forward
Sometimes after a tough day sunbathing out on the back deck, you just need to come in and cool off on the kitchen floor....
The struggles of the bulldog😆

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
View attachment 711868

Angel Day Blessings....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
View attachment 711868

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for adopting an older animal.

Today I accidentally learned that by long pressing on a picture, my phone will auto crop out the background around the subject lol. In this case, Daisy. I miss my dog. :cry: It was a month ago today.

View attachment 712586

My condolences on the passing of your beloved pooch Daisy.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
View attachment 711868

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. Heartbreaking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad