Official Goaltending thread 5.0:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Fair enough.

Could you give me a sample post?

This is a pretty classic one:

Bernier is a fraud. You give him the fulltime starting gig in this hockey market and he'll fold just like fellow short pretty boy Toskala.

Reimer is made for this market. He thrives under the pressure. During his career the leafs have won at a 100pt pace whenever he's in net. This year they're also at a 100pt pace with him in net.

No other leaf goalie has even managed to win at a 90pt pace since belfour.

Bernier of course is at an 82pt pce.

It's shmeful tht after reimer carried this team to the playoffs on his back last year, coveringbup all sorts of flaws, that management goes outand makes goaltendingvthe priority of the offseason. Not just shameful, but also just plain dumb, and proof that they are poor talent evaluators.

And now they've got the nicest guy in the world, who is loved by his teammates, all bitter and pissed off and shaken, doing their best to ruin the best thing that fell into their lap.

Buncha dummies.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Why, because it upsets you?

Not at all, I asked for posts like this, but thanks for asking. Just giving you heads up in case it gets removed since you are flaming the poster.

As for the post, he made some bold comments, but all the comments about Reimer he made, were correct. A lot of "Team Bernier" people like to forget when they rip on him.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Not at all, I asked for posts like this, but thanks for asking. Just giving you heads up in case it gets removed since you are flaming the poster.

As for the post, he made some bold comments, but all the comments about Reimer he made, were correct. A lot of "Team Bernier" people like to forget when they rip on him.

So basically you asked him to do something knowing that it was against HF guidelines lol?

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Wow. I think Bernier's leash actually got longer despite him getting pulled allowing 3 goals in 13 shots.

Way to take the bull by the horns and challenge for the spot Reimer?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
So basically you asked him to do something knowing that it was against HF guidelines lol?

No, again, why he shouldn't have brought it across from the other thread, because posters like you, who didn't see the original conversation, have no context.

I asked for sample posts that annoy "Team Bernier".

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

"Team Bernier" is just the normal people who see that Bernier is better and they agree with him starting more games. "Team Reimer" is built on a bunch of people who say Reimer deserves X,Y,Z because he was our goalie in a round one playoff loss yada yada yada.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
My question is, are the Reimer people basing their opinion off last year's nostalgia or do you actually feel more comfortable with him in net?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The homerism/arrogance got to him. Just when I thought I could have a decent discussion...

What do you mean homerism? I'm a Bernier homer cause I prefer the Leafs start the better goalie?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Isn't cross posting only against the rules if its across two or more forums?

How can it be against the rules when it's the same conversation, moved to a different thread because of artificial hfboards post limits? :laugh:

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Can we stop with the #teamreimer vs. #teambernier nonsense, please?

If you are a Leafs fan wouldn't you want both tenders to do well? Wishing I'll will on either of them is the peak of stupidity.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My question is, are the Reimer people basing their opinion off last year's nostalgia or do you actually feel more comfortable with him in net?

When I was a kid and the Leafs replaced my childhood idol Felix Potvin with Curtis Joseph, I didn't like it either. I think there's a lot of kids who are just attached to their idol and can't be objective about the situation.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
No, again, why he shouldn't have brought it across from the other thread, because posters like you, who didn't see the original conversation, have no context.

I asked for sample posts that annoy "Team Bernier".

My apologies.

The homerism/arrogance got to him. Just when I thought I could have a decent discussion...

There are very few decent discussions in this particular subject xD

After a game like this, who starts next game? 0.o

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
What do you mean homerism? I'm a Bernier homer cause I prefer the Leafs start the better goalie?

Your opinion.

How can it be against the rules when it's the same conversation, moved to a different thread because of artificial hfboards post limits? :laugh:

1. You had already posted it in the other thread.
2. You were flaming the poster.
3. Don't know the exact wording, but cross-posting is not allowed. Whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad