Euro: Euros 2024 - Group A (GER, SCO, HUN, SUI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1718465802237.png

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So if I'm reading this right:

- 2nd place in group A gets 2nd from group B (currently Italy) before the winner of 1st in Group C (England) v 3rd from D/E/F.
- 1st place in group A gets 2nd from group C (currently Denmark) before the winner of 1st in Group B (Spain) v 3rd from A/D/E/F.

Not sure which path to the semis would be more attractive. Spain worries me more than England, and I'm not any more scared of Italy than I am the Danes.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Conspiracy: Nagelsmann started Tah & Rudiger both on yellows cos he's fine with them missing the round of 16 fixture cos he thinks he can win it rather than having them get the yellow in the round of 16 and missing the quarter finals.

Also my gosh Scotland have been awful/dour to watch except for when Germany was giving them a beating. Awful awful football.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

- 2nd place in group A gets 2nd from group B (currently Italy) before the winner of 1st in Group C (England) v 3rd from D/E/F.
- 1st place in group A gets 2nd from group C (currently Denmark) before the winner of 1st in Group B (Spain) v 3rd from A/D/E/F.

Not sure which path to the semis would be more attractive. Spain worries me more than England, and I'm not any more scared of Italy than I am the Danes.
If Germany get past the runner-up from C then they will get mauled by Spain. No way the German backline can cope with that pace and skill in space.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

1. Spain is the most dangerous.

2. Italy may be pedestrian but they have a pretty solid all-time record against the Germans in elimination.

3. England is overrated as per usual.

4. Denmark, solid as they are, would be my preferred opponent.

I think it's always best to play the weakest opposition even if a stronger opponent leads to an easier path later. Maybe Spain is upset in their match, you never know.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That Spain did not feature Williams or Yamal. I'd say Spain is a better team now, too.

Also very true. Hopefully Nico plays so well in the next round that Nagelsmann sticks with him…as his athletic advantage should help more than Tah’s power…I’d also probably start Henrichs at LB for more defensive cover against Yamal.

But we can disrupt Spain before they get the ball to those two better than Italy / Croatia, and tire them out more from needing to defend…plus I suspect both teams will be more cautious than in the group stages because both are such threats.

We could absolutely lose to them, but we can absolutely beat them as well. And either way it has the potential to be one of the matches of the tourney, as these have arguably been the two most fun teams to watch so far.

The sample size is way too small to say this is a reliable feature of their game. In any event they scored 3 against Croatia, and of course Italy is notoriously good at not conceding. Germany meanwhile leaks goals all the time.

This Italy isn’t the Italy of 10+ years ago. They’re a Switzerland / Austria level team atm.

1. Spain is the most dangerous.

2. Italy may be pedestrian but they have a pretty solid all-time record against the Germans in elimination.

3. England is overrated as per usual.

4. Denmark, solid as they are, would be my preferred opponent.

I think it's always best to play the weakest opposition even if a stronger opponent leads to an easier path later. Maybe Spain is upset in their match, you never know.

I have it

Spain
England
Italy
Denmark

With the gap between Spain and England being bigger than the gap from Italy to Denmark. England’s over rated but this Italy is weak.

Spain could drop the ball but I’m much more scared of them than I am England & this Italian team. Would’ve been a good chance to improve our all time record against them at tourneys, and it’s always funny watching the English meltdown after losing to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb and NyQuil

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I was mostly just hoping Scotland wouldn't embarrass themselves. Guess that was too much to ask.
Why? The leading football experts at FourFourTwo had Scotland as the dark horses of the tournament in their tournament preview. Their tactics genius had figured out that Scotland was really bad at generating chances in qualifying but really good at taking advantage of the few they got. Unfortunately, he considered that to be a special Scottish quality rather than good old luck that was going to eventually run out.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad