Official: Fave thing to Wingsuit out of, off of?

Brad Chadwick

Jan 16, 2017
A tree? Wingsuit off a tree? I'm pretty sure you're talking out of your arse here because the best wingsuit jumpers need a good 3-4 seconds of free fall to get the suit properly filled with air to even begin flying, so that's what, at least 300ft of vertical drop time?

Then you probably need another 300ft to even get the flight going.

So 600ft is the bare minimum for absolute experts, and that's just to start flying. So you need even more room below that to actually fly around and descend slowly before deploying your parachute, so at least another 300-400ft for that?

What 900ft trees do you know of?

If you're going to say, "Listen dorkchop, I find a tree that is strategically perched on the edge of a 900ft cliff and jump out of that" then you're just making a cliff jump needlessly complicated.

edit. I don't care if you can squat my weight

you seem upset which really isn't necessary

But yeah you nailed it - sorry i didn't clarify that in the original post, the tree is obviously on a cliff, any wingsuit enthusiast would know that.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
you seem upset which really isn't necessary

But yeah you nailed it - sorry i didn't clarify that in the original post, the tree is obviously on a cliff, any wingsuit enthusiast would know that.

I'm not sure there are many wingsuit enthusiasts in the lounge

honest question. Is there a concern of a branch catching the wingsuit and ripping it as you jump off? If you're already jumping off a cliff, is the addition of a tree that necessary? Or is it more of a, "Hey, I can jump out of that tree instead!" and you don't really think about catching a branch?

Brad Chadwick

Jan 16, 2017
I refuse to be squatted by any dude.

#NotMyScene

Oh he's squatting you :laugh:

Listen, I just said that I COULD literally squat him. He said nah. I was like srs? You that big buddy? and then he says he is under my squat max so I was like, yah it could srs literally happen. It's probably not going to happen because I probably don't even go to the part of Canada he's literally living in, and he'd have to give consent and hold steady, but if that all were to happen it's not like anything to be embarrassed about. Baws at my fitness centre do it all the time.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Listen, I just said that I COULD literally squat him. He said nah. I was like srs? You that big buddy? and then he says he is under my squat max so I was like, yah it could srs literally happen. It's probably not going to happen because I probably don't even go to the part of Canada he's literally living in, and he'd have to give consent and hold steady, but if that all were to happen it's not like anything to be embarrassed about. Baws at my fitness centre do it all the time.

Can you stop with baw and literally? Nobody cares what you squat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad