Official College Hockey Thread - 2014-2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Clearly expecting juniors and seniors to take a step and having freshmen play great was too much to ask for. My gawd my predictions were way off.
No one cares about college puck unless it's an "event" like the outdoor games. This is why I can't stand them stealing certain nicknames.

Source: I lived there for 15+ years.

My buddy (Badgers fan) is in town for the weekend for the Wild games, and I was telling him what I told you about how I was worried if Wisconsin matched up against the U.

Then we watched the game last night on DVR, and after the third goal, just looked up the score and he's like "just delete it".

I must say, the puck luck / fluke nature of some of those was ridiculous. Rumpel is a good player, and he made some key saves, and maybe if weird crap like a CHIP SHOT goal doesn't go in, they make it more of a game....even though I'm sure the B1G Six is over the moon Michigan/MSU is now on the cards so 4000 people will show up.

Sad to see. They're football people for sure.

I quit after the 4th Michigan goal. Wisconsin had been shutout something like 6 out of their last 9 games. They weren't coming back.

I still can't believe Besse missed that wide open net... The funny part is I only saw one goal from that game while flipping between them, the Wild, and Purdon't.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's so frustrating listening to Wisconsin play Minnesota. It seems like the Badgers dictate play and get a whole bunch of chances and then Minnesota comes down and scores an easy one. :rant:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Is UND still going to play in the NCAA tournament or no?

Not really sure how that works.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
NCHC is going to send like, 6 out of their 8 teams to the NCAA's. Something crazy like that. (UND, SCSU, Denver, Miami, UMD, UNO).

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
NCAA Bracketology

These teams will play in the NCAA Tournament: Minnesota State, North Dakota, Boston University, Michigan Tech, Minnesota Duluth, Miami, Denver, Nebraska-Omaha, St. Cloud State, Boston College, Quinnipiac

These teams can still make the Tournament with an at-large bid: Minnesota(still eligible for autobid), Harvard,(still eligible for autobid), Providence, Yale, Bowling Green

These teams need to win their conference tournament tomorrow to get into the tournament: RIT, Mercyhurst, Colgate, UMass Lowell, Michigan

Minnesota is obviously in the tournament with a win, but is still in pretty good shape even if they lose.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I miss the old WCHA. BIG10 killed all the excitement of college hockey.

Yes, and also you never know when they are playing, and when they are going to be televised. Hope the big 10 bean counters are happy. MN hockey fans hate it. Not playing the Sioux every year absolutely sucks.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I hope we can get other Big10 schools to get some D1 programs going. Maryland and Rutgers could easily make the jump with their club teams, Northwestern could maybe support it.

hell, invite ASU to join us. Would make a lot of us super happy to make a road trip down to Arizona during December to go watch puck.

Slick Willy*

Yes, and also you never know when they are playing, and when they are going to be televised. Hope the big 10 bean counters are happy. MN hockey fans hate it. Not playing the Sioux every year absolutely sucks.

I don't know if I hated it - seems like a move that will take years to pay off, and if it does pay off it will probably be the strongest NCAA conference in the country.

But I guess I didn't like it - like to see all the in-state teams playing more regularly than us playing...Penn State.

It's hockey in Michigan. This is why I said before that Minnesota (and Wisconsin in part) would have to carry the B1G six when they created it.

They were hoping for all this fanfare from some other teams, but it's not there and apparently still isn't two years in.

I hope we can get other Big10 schools to get some D1 programs going. Maryland and Rutgers could easily make the jump with their club teams, Northwestern could maybe support it.

hell, invite ASU to join us. Would make a lot of us super happy to make a road trip down to Arizona during December to go watch puck.

Iowa. Maryland. Illinois has a history of producing some NHL players - would like to see Illinois get a club here in the next decade.

Nebraska is a possibility also.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Nebraska would be a possibility, but I think after the novelty of it wore off, if they were a subpar program, people would show no interest.

We have schools in all the right regions for it to work, but the interest in higher up hockey for all of these schools will take time to build. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan are the three that will have to carry this conference for a while.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Nebraska would be a possibility, but I think after the novelty of it wore off, if they were a subpar program, people would show no interest.

We have schools in all the right regions for it to work, but the interest in higher up hockey for all of these schools will take time to build. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan are the three that will have to carry this conference for a while.

I still can't see many teams doing it, especially with Title XI too, as apparently even if you did men's and women's teams they'd take a massive hit in the women's game which is why even established programs don't have them.

They are building a new rink in Iowa, but I'm pretty sure that's USHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad