Status
Not open for further replies.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Nah just the gophers and the sioux :sarcasm:

And the badgers this upcoming year. *sigh*

Number 1 in the nation for how many straight weeks?

I'll put money that they will b the preseason #1 if they don't lose anybody. (Which I suspect they won't)

(This post does not have the intention to start a back and forth banter, just my opinion)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Number 1 in the nation for how many straight weeks?

I'll put money that they will b the preseason #1 if they don't lose anybody. (Which I suspect they won't)

(This post does not have the intention to start a back and forth banter, just my opinion)

You know what :sarcasm: means right?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Speculated Badger lineup:

Soleway - Zullinick - Hughes
Ustaski - Rockwood - Beese
Navin - LaBate - Wagner
Cavallini - Paape - Hurley/Ford/McGuire

Schulze - Dougherty
Wittchow - Ford
Davison - Drake

Rumpel
Peterson

Let's start with the forwards. Zullinick at first line center? I was very unimpressed by him last year. LaBate as third line center? He was 3rd line center on a stacked team last year. Probably will move up. The rest looks alright. Maybe Soleway moves down to the second line

Now to the defense. Call me crazy but I think the D is better than last year. Removing Simonelli, Faust and McCabe can easily be offset by Dougherty, Ford, and Davison. If need be the second pairing could switch to Wittchow-Drake like it was last year.

Goaltending is the same.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Not sure if this is old news or not but Minnesota may have another Swedish recruit.

Pretty sure he is a defenseman. Name escapes me. But they would bring the count up to 2 swedes for next year.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Speaking of recruits, I looked up the latest Gopher recruit, Brannon McManus, and saw he was born in 1999... Next year we're gonna see kids born after 2000 start committing.

Usually I hate it when people in their early 20s like me say "oh man that makes me feel so old!!", but that really does make me feel old :laugh:

Not sure if this is old news or not but Minnesota may have another Swedish recruit.

Pretty sure he is a defenseman. Name escapes me. But they would bring the count up to 2 swedes for next year.
Haven't seen a Swedish defenseman mentioned anywhere on GPL..

brainfreeze

Jul 12, 2012
Bemidji

Are you talking about Robin Hoglund? He's the one I know about other than Brisedt(sp). Sounds like a big 6'3 205lbs 3rd/4th liner. Son of Jonas and previously committed to Notre Dame according to hammy.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Are you talking about Robin Hoglund? He's the one I know about other than Brisedt(sp). Sounds like a big 6'3 205lbs 3rd/4th liner. Son of Jonas and previously committed to Notre Dame according to hammy.

Possibly sounds like something that we were taking about. It sounded like the general erection was that the kid wasn't the greatest skater or puck skills, but Don said that he was astounded by his ability to do that.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Maybe he thinks Bristedt is from Finland or something :laugh:

Because there's definitely no Finn anywhere that I can see.

no clue.

On a different note, the Gophers seem to have finally found good goaltending.

Before Wilcox when did we ever have great goaltending?

Briggs just had an amazing team, as did Houser. I suppose you could say Stauber.

But now we have Wilcox and future goalie Edquist!!

Man am I excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad