GDT: Official Carolina Hurricanes 2013 Draft Bonanza Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Alright, I've calmed down a bit and have had time for a little reflection. I absolutely love our 1st pick in Elias Lindholm. He will be a star in this league. I really wished we had gotten something else back for the 2nd and McBain, but Sekera is on a good salary and if he stays healthy, he's absolutely an upgrade over Jamie. Our 3rd round selection is going to be a home run. Pesce is really underrated and is a solid stay at home guy. Still hoping we can make a few trades to get another pick or two.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
so-so/satisfactory results at best out of what was said to be the best draft in ten years. i guess we'll see how it all works out. at least they dodged the dreaded "russian factor" bullet.

oh well, there's still some possible trades and free agency coming up.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
so, baring a trade, that's our draft

Elias Lindholm
Brett Pesce
Brent Pedersen
Tyler Ganly
Andrej Sekera

Love our first two picks, still don't like the Sekera trade (think we overpaid) but I'm fine with bringing him in. Will be interesting to see what Ganly and Pedersen do next season when they're leaned on a bit more to produce by their junior teams.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Ok, I'm sure I knew at some point, but someone fill me in on why Hoffman re-entered the draft. It was what, 2011 we picked him right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad