OT: Official Bears/NFL Thread XXXIX: Day of the Superb Owl

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Yep, Cutler is like a reverse-Kryptonite for the Packers defense.

Even more startling is how the Bears defense frequently held Rodgers to 21 pts or less in those games and how often the Bears had great field position thanks to Hester/elite ST. They lost that Week 17 game in Lambeau 10-3. 10-3.

that one still eats at me. Just watching that game was infuriating, they couldn't do anything offensively.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Yep, Cutler is like a reverse-Kryptonite for the Packers defense.

Even more startling is how the Bears defense frequently held Rodgers to 21 pts or less in those games and how often the Bears had great field position thanks to Hester/elite ST. They lost that Week 17 game in Lambeau 10-3. 10-3.

Still mad at that 3rd down and short that Martz didn't give the ball to Forte on some drive in the 2nd half. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Still mad at that 3rd down and short that Martz didn't give the ball to Forte on some drive in the 2nd half. :laugh:

Yeah that was killer. Bears were driving downfield and clicking on that drive when Martz did that

I believe they were about to enter FG range when he called TO. 1st and 10 inside FG range could have been huge for Bears

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Rex was nothing like Jay. Rex was a fringe NFL QB while Jay is a good #1

As for the no weapons part ,, What nonsense

Good vet OL , Quality 1-2 WR duo in Berrian/Muhammad + Dependable TE in Clark and good 1-2 punch at RB in Jones/Benson supported by one of the best defenses in NFL

Bears gave up 2 #1 picks for Jay and made him a top paid QB. Jay had more talent. Expectations were higher and he failed at every opportunity.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

Slopo

Nov 3, 2011
I know that the QB coach was mentioned, but they also hired a LB coach too.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Garrett Grayson from Colorado State is starting the Senior Bowl for the South. He's my favorite QB outside of Mariota and Winston.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Would rather wait for Hackenberg

So you bash Hundley but you want Hackenberg who has horrid accuracy , mechanics and throws the ball to opposing team almost as much as he does his own?

In 40 games Hundley has 75 passing TD's and 30 Rushing TD's and only 25 INT's while completing nearly 70% of his passes

In 25 games Hackenberg has 32 passing TD's + 4 Rushing TD's and 25 INT's while completing barely 57% of his passes

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
So you bash Hundley but you want Hackenberg who has horrid accuracy , mechanics and throws the ball to opposing team almost as much as he does his own?

In 40 games Hundley has 75 passing TD's and 30 Rushing TD's and only 25 INT's while completing nearly 70% of his passes

In 25 games Hackenberg has 32 passing TD's + 4 Rushing TD's and 25 INT's while completing barely 57% of his passes
Hack struggled this year, for a variety of reasons, but finished well. He's also 19 years old and is nowhere near a finished product at the college level. Hundley and a hundred other QBs stats are inflated from the garbage spread offenses in college.
Keep hearing analyst say Brandon Marshall LB from Denver would be great to have on the Bears. Problem is he's a RFA
Yeah he would be a good fit. Depending on what Denver does with the cap, he could be available.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Hackenberg has all the things you want in an NFL QB. He just needs to perform this year. Kind of like a better Matt Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad