OT: Official Bears/NFL Thread XXVIII: Are you ready for some football? Circle one - Y N

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Thought Emery said he didn't believe in drafting quarterbacks late? I don't mind the pick, just curious.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
He doesn't believe in drafting a guy late to become your starter down the line, or at least that it hasn't really worked in the last 10 years.

Ah, I see. Bit of a fine line but I see the difference... all about intentions. Should be interesting to see Fales vs. Palmer in preseason.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Great draft on paper. Wish we could have picked up a linebacker along the way but I'm sure they'll sign some late like they did last year with Williams and Anderson

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Is fales good? I've never watch NCAA.

I read some scouting reports and there's some pretty big knocks on his arm. But I don't really take it to heart.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We should take Sam and let him compete for a spot. Not an ideal scheme fit but good value and has a chip on his shoulder now.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
He doesn't have an NFL arm IMO

Well I hope they see something in him because IMO our biggest problem on offense right now is cutler.

Extremely talented but some disconnect between the ears, always forcing passes, never throws the ball away, and always throws without setting his feet.

Tbh resigning cutler was meh. Sure he's one of the best QB's we've had but I don't think we're going to a championship unless he starts making better choices. That's shared with Coaching and management too, surrounding our offense with crap, letting our defense carry the team, calling awful redzone plays.

I don't know just my thoughts, was hoping we'd step up and draft a replacement....

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Well I hope they see something in him because IMO our biggest problem on offense right now is cutler.

Extremely talented but some disconnect between the ears, always forcing passes, never throws the ball away, and always throws without setting his feet.

Tbh resigning cutler was meh. Sure he's one of the best QB's we've had but I don't think we're going to a championship unless he starts making better choices. That's shared with Coaching and management too, surrounding our offense with crap, letting our defense carry the team, calling awful redzone plays.

I don't know just my thoughts, was hoping we'd step up and draft a replacement....

I don't like Cutler but he wasn't the issue last year. It was defense and injuries.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
If St. Louis doesn't use a pick on Michael Sam (they have 2 back-to-back) got to think he's headed for UDFA.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't like Cutler but he wasn't the issue last year. It was defense and injuries.

I know But it was our offense every year we had lovie. Not all on Cutler but like I said he took a lot of sacks that could have been thrown away.

One thing that always bothered me was Hester as a deep threat. If they used him in the backfield he may have been able to find holes and actually have done something useful like on special teams. But Lovie was a defensive genius and an offensive black hole.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I liked the draft but still worry about the safety position.

Having said that, when you have a DLine that is constantly in the backfield and great cornerbacks, the Safeties can be hid pretty well.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@RapSheet: Had Michael Sam not been picked by the #Rams, he would’ve chosen between priority free agent offers from #Rams, #Bears, #Giants and #Ravens

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
just curious in your opinion, how many of our new drafties make the roster day one?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I see one of the two DT's starting next to Ratliff. Houston and Allen on the ends. We don't have a lot of ends. Houston can be kicked inside at times. Guys like Young, Izzy and Collins are rotational players. Other than Allen and Houston, nobody will be on the field a ton. At safety, I like Vereen and don't see anyone challenging him. 3-4 starters based on PT.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I see one of the two DT's starting next to Ratliff. Houston and Allen on the ends. We don't have a lot of ends. Houston can be kicked inside at times. Guys like Young, Izzy and Collins are rotational players. Other than Allen and Houston, nobody will be on the field a ton. At safety, I like Vereen and don't see anyone challenging him. 3-4 starters based on PT.

I dont see Stephen Paea being cut so he will be in mix as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad