OT: Official Bears/NFL Thread XXVIII: Are you ready for some football? Circle one - Y N

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
RT @BryanDFischer Man… RT @sportsanimal: BREAKING: @jaguars GM David Caldwell confrims Justin Blackmon done in Jacksonville

Blackmon doesn't care about his career ,, No reason for Jags to have him on roster around the kids they are drafting

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@ZachZaidman: Over a two-year period, #Bears 4th-round pick Ka'Deem Carey rushed for nearly 4,000 yards and scored 42 touchdowns at Arizona.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
He gets an A for the strategy of the draft, I agree. I wouldn't exactly say we can grade this draft for about 3 years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Right now I would say it is a solid draft with potential to be great

With that said the refusal to cut ties with failures like Conte and McClellin is holding back Bears

Both are an injury away from being starters again ,, Just unacceptable to even be on Bears roster at this point

Until the Conte/McClellin situations are dealt with whatever positive moves the Bears make will be tarnished

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

With that said the refusal to cut ties with failures like Conte and McClellin is holding back Bears

Both are an injury away from being starters again ,, Just unacceptable to even be on Bears roster at this point

Until the Conte/McClellin situations are dealt with whatever positive moves the Bears make will be tarnished

At this point they are on the roster as insurance.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago

Take a look at their contracts before spouting this nonsense

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Conte was adequate before last year

Cutting both players would result in dead cap hits AND you have to pay someone to replace them.

Spending over 2M to replace backups is a real good idea

^
I notice no defense of McClellin ;)

And you can sign an undrafted LB or S at league minimum and get same level of production at worse

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
^
I notice no defense of McClellin ;)

And you can sign an undrafted LB or S at league minimum and get same level of production at worse
He's moving to SLB, let's see what happens. Not expecting much but we'll see.

There's no point for the Bears in taking over 1M+ in dead cap space and then spending 1M+ on replacements. That's 2M+ that went to signing the FAs or re-signing our own guys.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am not as overly optimistic as some on this draft for the Bears. I think Ferguson was a reach but it seemed they didn't want to be left out of the DT race in the second round. I thought they could have had an elite running back as in one of the top 2-3 in this draft if they wanted too, but I will give Carey the chance and hope he turns into something as he will surely be counted on when Forte goes down at some point this year.

I think they waited a bit too long to address their safety issues, depending on if they can slot Fuller there sometimes, but I like Vereen as a player so hopefully he pans out. I would like to see them add another QB at this point with a few really good ones still out there to be had. If they could land A.J McCarron that would definitely change my entire view of this draft as he has fallen but the skill is there.

Overall a possible B which is solid, but I think it had the chance to be much much more. But like was said above, nobody will know how this draft turns out for another 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad