Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
I guess I just meant in the sense of: does he have the tools to be a genuine no. 1 (or at least top pair guy) or are people more in love with his size and physical attributes.

Obviously both can be the case. But it seems when people see "big," that's what they care about most.
It is possible he could be 1, but I would say unlikely. Just not enough apparent offensive upside to be a 1. Top pair is very possible. He could be a great #2, but I would stick with top 4 as most likely. Size does move him up the board. If he was 6' I doubt he gets as much attention, but as far as drafting big players goes he is very likely to be at least good in the NHL.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

All this talk about moving up with Ottawa, but apparently Columbus open for business. Assuming Chicago takes a D do the flyers go get Demidov?

Screw it, empty the cupboard. Keep Michkov, move anything else, take back expiring garbage, come out of the draft with 4, 7, 12, 32, and get Waddell to commit to giving us 36 this year.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Screw it, empty the cupboard. Keep Michkov, move anything else, take back expiring garbage, come out of the draft with 4, 7, 12, 32, and get Waddell to commit to giving us 36 this year.
That would be insanely awesome. Abra-ka-Boom rebuild over

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Sounds good, but how are we getting #4 and #7? it will have to cost us something, probably #12+ for #4 and probably players and maybe #32 for 7.

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sounds good, but how are we getting #4 and #7? it will have to cost us something, probably #12+ for #4 and probably players and maybe #32 for 7.

I don’t really have specifics, but that’s the “empty the cupboard” part. I presume Konecny, Farabee, and Laughton at minimum are part of that, probably Sanheim, and possibly a couple pieces like York or Tippett. Don’t care much about keeping anything on the current roster, we’re not building a winner with what’s here unless we are far luckier, or far savvier, than I think they could ever be. Better to convert current assets into ones that will fit the Michkov timeline better.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I don’t really have specifics, but that’s the “empty the cupboard” part. I presume Konecny, Farabee, and Laughton at minimum are part of that, probably Sanheim, and possibly a couple pieces like York or Tippett. Don’t care much about keeping anything on the current roster, we’re not building a winner with what’s here unless we are far luckier, or far savvier, than I think they could ever be. Better to convert current assets into ones that will fit the Michkov timeline better.
You seem to overrate the Flyers players. They do not carry that type of value at least to me. Nice solid players is all. TK a step above that.

Reactions: BernieParent

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If Yakemchuk goes 3, it makes getting a top d plausible at 12. 4 demidov 5 Lindstrom 6 Buium, Dickinson or Silayev 7 Parekh 8 Buium, Dickinson or Silayev 9 Ignila 10 and 11 Helenius or Eiserman 12 Buium, Dickinson or Silayev

Reactions: BernieParent

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You seem to overrate the Flyers players. They do not carry that type of value at least to me. Nice solid players is all. TK a step above that.

6+ of the best players off any roster, plus taking back cap dumps, should be enough to acquire 3 draft picks, even if they are relatively high. Maybe not this past year's Sharks, but most rosters, yes. And if that's not the case, then there is no hope for that roster, and we shouldn't bother keeping anything at all, take what you can get and start again.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
6+ of the best players off any roster, plus taking back cap dumps, should be enough to acquire 3 draft picks, even if they are relatively high. Maybe not this past year's Sharks, but most rosters, yes. And if that's not the case, then there is no hope for that roster, and we shouldn't bother keeping anything at all, take what you can get and start again.
Flyers "best" players are as vanilla as can be. Nothing special overall in any sense.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I really don't have a problem with Yakemchuk , but I'm pretty excited at the thought of him going high to bump more guys down to us. Especially if we find a way to get to #7.

Yeah it would be super ideal. If the bad teams want to make bad picks, it opens the possibility that we will do A Good Thing

Reactions: Redpath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad