Value of: Offensive Forwards to Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If we are on the losing streak for another 3-4 games, we will have some big names available.

Tarasenko comes to mind immediately for the Wild. Others like Saad, Barbashev, etc, can also be had for reasonable prices. Even Kyrou might be available if there is a big haul coming back in terms of futures. ROR is most likely going to Colorado or Carolina that have significant upgrades at C to do.
Remember in the Stanley Cup year, when the blues were a terrible team before Christmas? I don’t see them giving up for a long while, and when they do, they won’t be trading away players like ROR And Tarasenko for cheap

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Oh, you're the guy who maintains that Boeser is a fast, defensive wizard. Funny that few on your own board share that opinion. who are you trying to kid?

You and Sebastien should get a room.

No I've never said he was a fast defensive forward, not once, maybe you should get a clue.

What I object to is that he doesn't play in his own end, which he does just fine and that he is a one dimensional forward, he's not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Craig Smith can be had for free. Veteran shooting winger, works hard, UFA at seasons end so no long term commitment if he doesn't work out.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
He’s just a Vancouver fan desperate to unload Boeser so they can actually allocate that cap space effectively. If he actually liked Boeser, he’d be upset with all the Vancouver proposals to dump him on some unsuspecting sucker. $6.65mm is a major overpay for what Boeser is today and you have to deal with that for 3 years. Yikes

Horvat is a good 200 foot player they’ll lose soon. A guy having a great contract year. A captain and a C. Great in the dot. Someone they’ll actually miss like the Wild misses Fiala.

Vancouver is in a bad place. They have no cap space and some bad contracts on their books. Very few good young players (Hoglander and Podkolzin are not proving out as anything other than middle six meh players). They really need to dump some bad deals like Boeser or Garland to start a rebuild. But most of their wingers have no or negative value.

There are not many NHL teams with worse organizational prospects over the next two-three seasons.

If there is a team that needs a top 3 pick this year, Vancouver is it.

Like always regarding Boeser you don't have a f***ing clue what your talking about, ahhh well, can't change someone's opinion when they clearly have a grudge.

That's the weird thing, because I agree with almost everything else you say about this team, I don't get it LOL

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No I've never said he was a fast defensive forward, not once, maybe you should get a clue.

What I object to is that he doesn't play in his own end, which he does just fine and that he is a one dimensional forward, he's not.
If you waived Boeser tomorrow, he goes thru unclaimed. No one makes a trade get cap space to pick up that deal.

I think he’s tradable if Vancouver takes back a contract of someone that isn’t working out on that team. A change of scenery deal is the likely end of his time on your club.

There are zero teams that trade for Boeser around picks or prospects. Every trade would involve Vancouver taking on a dubious contract in exchange for Boeser’s bad contract. That’s the base of any Boeser trade. Another bad contract to offset his.

If Vancouver is willing to retain to get him below $5mm per… then I think he’d find a new home quite easily. His flaws and injuries are easier to overcome when his AAV is right sized.

I think Vancouver should focus on trading Garland. He’s got the better contract of the two. Garland doesn’t hold much value but he’s got more than Boeser. The idea is cap space down the line to start the rebuild. It’s not about getting picks or prospects. Boeser and Garland won’t return those. The goal in trading one or both of Boeser and Galrand is future cap space creation. To spend on EP, Horvat and UFAs.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I’m curious about guys like Boeser, Horvat (extended), and Garland for sure. Definitely not Kerfoot.

Kreider isn’t the right age range to be trading those pieces for.
Depending on the price Horvat (extended) would be a nice fit.

Oh I know what you prefer, but will you pay the price tag? Garland might be had reasonably, but Horvat will cost something that will hurt, and Boeser would mean gutting salary elsewhere.
But why would they pay any assets for Kerfoot who doesn't help them what so ever.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Can't do Boeser. Even a Boldy bridge deal won't leave us enough room to sign Addison, unless Zuccarello is sent elsewhere. Much more inclined to do that with the known (Fiala) than the unknow (Boeser), but that ship has sailed.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Can't do Boeser. Even a Boldy bridge deal won't leave us enough room to sign Addison, unless Zuccarello is sent elsewhere. Much more inclined to do that with the known (Fiala) than the unknow (Boeser), but that ship has sailed.
How about Boeser for Zucarello?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad