OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VII: No Loungin', Bae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Apparently she stopped very soon after leaving the parking lot to check damage on her own vehicle. It seems she was aware that she hit something, and waited until she was gone in order to check it (despite knowing there was a car there).

And if that is the case, then CPS should have done more on their initial investigation but like I mentioned earlier, with that much video evidence against her, her insurance premiums will go up so much she will likely have to consider not driving. Most of what occurred IMO is still not a criminal matter but a matter of insurance policy related to her driving skill.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
My paper got accepted!

98BbqFr.gif

Way to go AS! :handclap:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Econ is over! The hardest midterm is behind me. Now to focus on my last one and then I'm on vacation!

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Yes, except if you had read some of the news articles she states that she was unaware of that (hitting a car) and I am not surprised that someone with her limited scope of ability wouldn't be able to tell tire vs curb as opposed to bumper vs object. Furthermore, the last scenario you present is predicated on knowledge of the first.

Either way, it's been dealt with. It's clear that she was not driving maliciously - just poorly. You can lodge a complaint to CPS if you like.

You asked for clarification as to what was criminal about her driving - I responded. Criminal in the sense that she committed a crime, or by definition "an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government"

Ignorance is not a defense. Neither is the inability to drive (that's on whoever taught her, and whoever passed her)

Aug 3, 2010
You asked for clarification as to what was criminal about her driving - I responded. Criminal in the sense that she committed a crime, or by definition "an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government"

Ignorance is not a defense. Neither is the inability to drive (that's on whoever taught her, and whoever passed her)

Actually, it sort of is - it's the difference between manslaughter and murder two. Maliciousness and intent is key in any charge. That's neither here or there, but like I said earlier, they CPS have dealt with it and reviewed the ample amount of evidence and charged her with what they saw fit. In many ways, her inabilities probably saved her from seeing a more serious charge against her.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So tomorrow is my only day off this week (I go into work at 12:00am Saturday, so it really doesn't feel like a day off already) and someone called in sick for the morning shift, I have someone who can cover half of it but I will need to work noon to four.

This sucks, I am exhausted.

/complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad