OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
So I'm doing a Quebec tour with the family next week, QC, MTL ending in Ottawa at a buddies. He just told me he got stoned the other day and bought us tickets to Blues Fest on the Fri to see Nickelback live... He found it amusing. đŸ˜‚. That's one band I'd never thought I'd see live. Can't wait to eat poutine all week tho! Chez Ashton's here I come!!!
Think Jellyroll is playing Ottawa Bluesfest.

That's one artist I wouldn't miss.

Nickelback - that's just painful.

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Took the kids to Wonderland yesterday.

Here are a few highlights:

$26 for 2 slices of pepperoni pizza

$40 for a footlong BLT and 3 pops

$16 for a tall boy

$45 for gate. Not bad!!! (But an additional $125 + hst for fast pass. Kind of important if you actually want to go on more than 2 rides all day)

Water park included with gate price!!! ($40 for a locker to store your stuff)

$30 is the cheapest option for arcade card - no pay as you go option.

We go once a year basically. I know that it's going to be expensive going in to it.

I'm a pretty successful guy and do well for myself - this isn't going to affect me financially at all. That said, that was obnoxious. I really feel for your average family who have to wait in the 2 hour lines, eat their packed lunches in the parking lot and not get to play any of the games.

Those are all 1st world problems - I get it, but for once a year families like ours, it would be nice to go and have fun, treat the kids with some treats and games and not worry about the rest of the weeks groceries.

Signed,

A die hard Capaitolist

Thanks. I'm sending my family to Toronto from BC in early August and this was something that was on the radar. With those prices, maybe/probably not now. I'm not a cheapskate or anything, but that's a little outrageous.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Thanks. I'm sending my family to Toronto from BC in early August and this was something that was on the radar. With those prices, maybe/probably not now. I'm not a cheapskate or anything, but that's a little outrageous.
Go to the Toronto Zoo, cheap and you’ll be exhausted when your done……..

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
wonderland is expensive, but ripley's aquarium is even more expensive! (or at least it feels like it!)

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2