OT: Off-Topic, again.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've never heard anyone say that lol
True! Back before Covid changed the way our business works, our New Yawk clients would call when I was there just to hear me talk. "Ooh, just a minute I'm gonna put you on speaker phone and go get Kevin, he LOVES to hear southerners." I answered the phone as part of my duties as CFO (ha ha) so they all knew me (and I'd go a little extra syrupy just for their benefit)

Reactions: sparkle twin

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That's not southern, that's Appalachian, and yes there is a difference.

It's another pet peeve of mine, West Virginia never has been and never will be southern. They literally broke off from Virginia and formed their own state to stay in the Union. I like the area, kind of reminds me of middle Tennessee when I was a kid, the sweet tea is suspect though.
I grew up on a block with a lot of people who were from Kentucky or Tennessee. They were southern to me. They seemed to deep fry almost everything but cottage cheese.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
True! Back before Covid changed the way our business works, our New Yawk clients would call when I was there just to hear me talk. "Ooh, just a minute I'm gonna put you on speaker phone and go get Kevin, he LOVES to hear southerners." I answered the phone as part of my duties as CFO (ha ha) so they all knew me (and I'd go a little extra syrupy just for their benefit)
Haha, that's like when I was in college at Pitt sometimes my friends would make me talk southern and I would make it sooo thick they loved it, lol!:laugh:

Reactions: Adz

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Is anyone familiar with this "Sky Lounge" place at Bridgestone? I've seen a few references to it recently but no idea what it actually is. Might go scope the area tonight.

"Located on the 4th level outside section 315, will look to provide guests with all-inclusive food and bev options, lounge style seating, and a full-size LED screen so you don't miss any of the action."
So were you able to figure anything out on the Sky Lounge? I sat in the fan zone Friday- section 319 and I walked around the concourse up there right around section 315 where it is supposed to be and I did not see anything- no lounge, etc.

So I am still confused- hesitant to buy tickets to get access to it without knowing how it works and where exactly it is- lol

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So were you able to figure anything out on the Sky Lounge? I sat in the fan zone Friday- section 319 and I walked around the concourse up there right around section 315 where it is supposed to be and I did not see anything- no lounge, etc.

So I am still confused- hesitant to buy tickets to get access to it without knowing how it works and where exactly it is- lol

I forgot to look when I was in arena but I was actually over at MCC before the game and saw something in the Bridgestone arena upper parking garage. Kind of where the smoking area used to be. Maybe thats it? Or part of it?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I forgot to look when I was in arena but I was actually over at MCC before the game and saw something in the Bridgestone arena upper parking garage. Kind of where the smoking area used to be. Maybe thats it? Or part of it?
So I actually just reached out to Preds and I think you are correct:

"the Smashville Sky Lounge is on top of the parking garage attached to Bridgestone Arena. If you are facing section 315 it is to the left of the elevators. Please let us know if you have any other questions!"

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So I actually just reached out to Preds and I think you are correct:

"the Smashville Sky Lounge is on top of the parking garage attached to Bridgestone Arena. If you are facing section 315 it is to the left of the elevators. Please let us know if you have any other questions!"
That's really interesting. I peaked at pricing out of curiosity and it was $105/person. Last time I checked the Lexus Lounge is similar. Seems kind of expensive relatively speaking if it's all just outdoors under that tent.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That's really interesting. I peaked at pricing out of curiosity and it was $105/person. Last time I checked the Lexus Lounge is similar. Seems kind of expensive relatively speaking if it's all just outdoors under that tent.
I am considering buying a ticket with access but that is the part I don't understand- if you read the description it says lounge style seating, large LED screen, etc, etc. They make is sound like "luxury" but outdoors under a tent doesn't sound like luxury to me- lol

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I am considering buying a ticket with access but that is the part I don't understand- if you read the description it says lounge style seating, large LED screen, etc, etc. They make is sound like "luxury" but outdoors under a tent doesn't sound like luxury to me- lol
Especially this time of year where outside under a tent could end up with you in top of the KDF building.

• Haha
Reactions: Adz

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What we really need is a recognized regional identifier for "Central Appalachians + Ozarks + roughly whatever's in between."
The outsized number of people in my piddling little town who went to Ole Miss tells me that we are Southern.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The outsized number of people in my piddling little town who went to Ole Miss tells me that we are Southern.
Kentucky is about as southern as Missouri is. Part of the state is influenced by Appalachia and the Ozarks in the case of Missouri but I wouldn't consider either Southern. Same thing goes for those nuts in Maryland that have somehow convinced themselves that they are really southern.

They are border states, a mix of things based on what region of the state you are in. NW Kentucky is completely different than NE Kentucky, and Southern Kentucky feels different from both of them and is the one area I could see an argument for. Missouri is kind of the same way. NE Missouri is totally different from SW Missouri and Eastern Missouri is different than Western Missouri. Oklahoma is kind of in the same ball park. More of a border state that is influenced by what is around it.

Reactions: PredsV82

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
1715037391122.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad