OT: Off Topic 2019 part XIII - The Dog Days Of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I'm just really not a fan of baked beans at any time, to be honest. :laugh:

I only eat eggs if they are scrambled or hard boiled. Any type of runny eggs grosses me out.

What I really want right now is bacon. Nice, crispy/crunchy bacon.

Now I'm hungry. :(

I have to admit the one thing you guys do far better than our equivalent is bacon. Over here we only ever have a type of bacon called rashers in our breakfasts, which look like this...
880924450187.jpeg

Streaky bacon has never really been a thing in Irish breakfasts.

Loads of Irish people will argue to their death that rashers are better but they are not, they just aren't.

mmmm-bacon.jpg

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm just really not a fan of baked beans at any time, to be honest. :laugh:

I only eat eggs if they are scrambled or hard boiled. Any type of runny eggs grosses me out.

What I really want right now is bacon. Nice, crispy/crunchy bacon.

Now I'm hungry. :(

Last night I had an egg & bacon sandwich for dinner. Like you I hate runny eggs so I made damn sure to break the yolks while I was cooking them!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm it was damn good too :nod:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I love baked beans, especially home made. My grandmother could make killer baked beans. My mother is allergic to salt pork so understandably she won't make them.

Nowadays you can only get them at church or other community organization suppers and that is increasingly rare. Guess making them is a dying art.

Reactions: Kovi and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
All of the hate being thrown at runny eggs and baked beans should be directed at seafood instead. All of that stuff sucks. Big time.

In terms of baked beans, yes please. And I'll take my eggs runny every day of the week. Runny yolks are the best part.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
All of the hate being thrown at runny eggs and baked beans should be directed at seafood instead. All of that stuff sucks. Big time.

In terms of baked beans, yes please. And I'll take my eggs runny every day of the week. Runny yolks are the best part.

runny yolks are essential for dipping toast....especially mixed with hash and on rye toast.

ninja edit: added the part about hash

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

You, sir, are dead to me. Maryland crab is awesome!!!

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Baked beans, fried potatoes and ham for breakfast would be the best. ty.

oh, and can anyone cure my jetlag? I'm wiped out.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I love crab. I found out in my early 30s that I am mildly deathly allergic to it. I found out my having a giant bowl of she-crab soup from the Maine Diner....and being violently ill for 5 days. No crab, lobster or shrimp for me. BOO
can still enjoy scallops though.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Reactions: LSCII

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
There is only so much stupidity I can deal with and this week I have greatly exceeded my quota.

FdVRbCxHw23Wo.gif

I am so glad it's Friday.

Is it hockey season yet?

Reactions: Kovi and BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I love baked beans, especially home made. My grandmother could make killer baked beans. My mother is allergic to salt pork so understandably she won't make them.

Nowadays you can only get them at church or other community organization suppers and that is increasingly rare. Guess making them is a dying art.
My ex had a great recipe, which we made a lot when a big get-together was happening. Sometimes they baked for like 6 hours. But they were sooooo good. I think I made a copy, but it makes a huge portion, so making it for just @Kovi and me seems silly.

Reactions: BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

I specifically ask for my eggs to be scrambled hard. This past weekend, we were at breakfast and I got some sort of bowl, that was on the menu with an over easy egg, and I forgot to change it. @Kovi said she was super surprised I ate it. it was closer to over medium, and barely runny, but it wasn't my favorite. But I'll eat scrambled eggs for days. In fact we had scrambled eggs and waffles for dinner last night. Also, eggs require Cholula. Not Franks, Not Tobasco. Cholula.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If I'm half in the bag on a hot summer night with ice cold beer....I'll eat fried clams.

Otherwise only thing that swims that I eat is duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad