OT: Off The Wall, On The Boards - Vans Collection

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I thought you would get the traffic cone shoes since they were slip-ons. But regardless of the make you're not getting arch support with any Vans.
So what you're telling me is you would be better off just wrapping a rally towel around your "go to" shoes? I'm sure I've got some of those old towels around the house. :nod:

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I got the orange traffic pylon slip ons on line. Luckily, I wear a smaller size (W6), so they probably won't be too bad. Besides, I already have orange Chuck Taylor All Stars that I only wear to Ducks games. I guess I'm used to the pylon look.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I got the orange traffic pylon slip ons on line. Luckily, I wear a smaller size (W6), so they probably won't be too bad. Besides, I already have orange Chuck Taylor All Stars that I only wear to Ducks games. I guess I'm used to the pylon look.
I'm so jealous of people with tiny feet! My friend can still fit into children's shoes and saves so much $$$. But she did say the children's shoes don't hold up as well as adult ones though.

• Haha
Reactions: Ducks DVM

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I'm so jealous of people with tiny feet! My friend can still fit into children's shoes and saves so much $$$. But she did say the children's shoes don't hold up as well as adult ones though.
I used to be able to do that with Converse shoes. Converse youth size 4.5 used to be equivalent to women's 6, but I think Converse figured out women were buying children's shoes because the largest youth size is now a size 3Y.:whatever:

Last edited:

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Just got an email that the shoes will be delayed further

brat-mad.gif

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
At this point I am glad that I did not order the shoes. I would be so mad that they have been delayed for so long. A lot of the pleasure in having the shoes would be lost due to the way that this has been mishandled.

Reactions: duckaroosky

Frosted Tips

Zeglaf baby!
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Used to be a big fan of Vans in my yout (people probably don't say yout anymore but I'm nostalgic in my early middle agery so f it) and would've ordered all of those if I had the money to spare. I used to get my Vans from outlet villages so obviously these were way out of my price range. Don't think I'll be finding these in the discount bins ever. Anyway, I hope you guys get these soon. Some refunds would be in order for making people wait this long though.

Reactions: duckaroosky

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
Used to be a big fan of Vans in my yout (people probably don't say yout anymore but I'm nostalgic in my early middle agery so f it) and would've ordered all of those if I had the money to spare. I used to get my Vans from outlet villages so obviously these were way out of my price range. Don't think I'll be finding these in the discount bins ever. Anyway, I hope you guys get these soon. Some refunds would be in order for making people wait this long though.
youts-did-you-say-youts.gif

Classic movie!

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I'm going up to SF for a concert in August and kind of wanted to flex them in the Bay Area but I doubt I'm going to get them in time now.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
So I just got the email letting me know that my shoe order has arrived! It also says it is being "processed" and I can pick them up Monday! Just in time for me to be out of state! I bet they would have been ready for pickup earlier but everything at Honda Center including the team store is closed I think with the D23 event going on.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Mar 10 to Aug 9.
LOL

It takes less time to build an entire car from nothing in Germany and ship it to Socal than what ever sweatshop they made these shoes in. Did they have some kids in bangladesh carry the shoes on foot to america?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad