GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Matthews getting the C from Tavares. Toronto fans and most of media: “ooohhh so classy Matthews was so touched!”

Other teams: “first round exit again!”

Worst part was someone tweeted that when this happened with Gretzky they went on to win the cup. As if the only thing a team needs to do is transfer its captaincy to a superstar! If this was all it took, it would happen all time.

Reactions: KW and MaWa

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Worst part was someone tweeted that when this happened with Gretzky they went on to win the cup. As if the only thing a team needs to do is transfer its captaincy to a superstar! If this was all it took, it would happen all time.

Gretzky got traded after his 10th season, two more for Austin and he's out:laugh:

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I don't know Matthews and I don't know what the inside of that locker room is like, but I honestly don't think this will move the needle for the Leafs.

I do think it's probably a good move, even if it doesn't work, just because they had to change something.
Berube is the big change the leafs made. Either he pushes them over the top or Marner and JT walk next year.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Didn’t Dustin Brown get the C taken away from him and given to Kopitar? After leading LA to two cups? I know he wasn’t as good anymore when he got stripped but that’s a great way to curse a franchise.

Toronto was gonna give Auston the C eventually anyway. Idk if it matters a whole lot though. Guess we’ll see

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013

nicolas-cage-the-rock.gif

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
For off season talk: who is the greatest non Lundell Panther? Has Barkov surpassed Lu?

Does Bure still have the best peak?

Reactions: scholl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad