GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Look who’s playing at my rink tonight for charity game. #CuzzyFan

Edit: Other ex-NHLers like Ryan Miller, Bryan Smolinski, Kevan Miller, Dave Scatchard, Joe Mullen, John-Michael Lyles and others were there also. It was a memorial game for a fallen hero who was killed in Afghanistan. These older guys still have it.
IMG_3217.jpeg

Last edited:

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I think it's fair to say that Montour wasn't too highly regarded around the NHL, much like it's fair to say that Bennett wasn't too highly regarded when we traded for him, either.

Yeah he spent 3 years in the AHL, another 3 years in Anaheim and 2.5 years in Buffalo. He also played only one full season as an NHLer, for all the talk of Boqvist being injury prone, Montour was pretty injury prone himself before he got here. He put up over 30 points only once, and was going to be a UFA the year we got him. It's hard to argue that he was worth anymore than a 3rd, as a matter of fact that may have been too much considering where he was at the time.

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Both are overpays, but it's only a 3rd in compensation for Holloway and a 2nd for Broberg. Short term, the Blues have room. I like it a lot.

That's fair, the shorter term kind of compensates for the overpay, especially if they have room. Still...lot you can do with cap space. Blues overpay and Oilers get screwed, I'm with it lol

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Edmonton is Kucherov'ing Kane so he'll be LTIRed, that gives them enough cap space to get under the cap (they're currently like 500k over) and also sign Holloway. They'll let Broberg walk. It's a risky contract from the Blues but they aren't very good and have no prospects so I like the roll of the dice. Even if he sucks the contract won't affect them and they have little prospect depth so Edmonton can't return the favor.

Reactions: MaWa and harv33173

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad