GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Who might be positive surprises this year? Meaning, more contributions than assumed right now.

Ekblad?
Tkachuk?
Schmidt?
Balinskis?
One of the 4th liners?

Schmidt is the guy I'd bet on to have a really nice season. The big knock on him right now is that he's lost a step, but I still think our team's defensive structure helps D with marginal recovery speed. So he could really surprise us in a good way.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Schmidt is the guy I'd bet on to have a really nice season. The big knock on him right now is that he's lost a step, but I still think our team's defensive structure helps D with marginal recovery speed. So he could really surprise us in a good way.
Yeah, I think he's gonna be really good.

we were interested in Barabanov at the deadline, right? Could see us nabbing him for at essentially league minimum. Zadina could be a Bennett style reclamation project for cheap. Tyler Johnson is coming off a good season, not sure if they’d be interested in jvr at this stage in his career. Curious who gets PTOs
JVR can't keep up in our system.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Balinskis was good when he played, very calm and steady. I was surprised he didn’t get more looks.
he would step in and look solid, then all the sudden he would be the punching bag after making a bunch of mistakes

Hopefully bein there full time he can get into a groove

Does Schmidt or Kuli go to the 2nd line?

fors-ek
mikkola-?
balls-?

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Been thinking about that possible Barkov mild concussion thing. I'm sure they somehow made him pass the tests in an unjust way (don't know the rules, but if I remember correctly you need to pass some tests, right?) Risky move if he in fact actually had a (mild) conuccsion. Another hit to the head in that state could have been very serious for him. For real. One should always "Protect Ya brain".

Anyway.

I feel positive 24/25-campaign coming. Will miss Stenlund (very solid PK-player) and Lombo (very solid Lombo-player). As some have pointed out - Reinhart won't score those thousand goals again, but the signing is "safe" in that way he contribute defensively as well. I mean contribute in a massive way. Barkov-Reinhart is rock-solid in that regard. Can't think of another first line i NHL which have that aspect in their repertoar.

Matthew will bounce back. Hard coming back from an broken body. I hope he somehow get his skates skate a bit faster. Would do wonder. Look at Barkov.

Forsling will probably excell being the to go to guy.

Barkov showed both himself and everyone else that he can handle the pressure when everything is on the line. Blocking shots, even with his glove. Scoring goals. He took responsbility, did what had to be done to win. He played his standard game in a better way. That's how it should be done. I will buy a retro Finnish national team shirt with his name on it. Sorry guys, the Finnish national team is what I really root for. But in the NHL, Florida is my team. All becasue of this board, Goldie and Randy and, of course, the players. I slept like shit the night before the game. Woke up, checked the score and had to wake up my wife to tell her THAT WE f***ING DID IT!!!

Barkov will be even better. Please don't get injured.

Lundell will start performing playoff hockey from the second the puck is dropped to get the season started. Eetu Listerinen will get better. I think he's a better BP-player than Barkov. Or at least at the same level. Actually had more faith in the Eetu-Kev unit than in the Barky - Reinhart one.

Damn, I've watch so many youtube-clips these days. Mic'ed up stuff, summaries of the finals, best plays of Barkov during the playoff and so on. You know the drill.

It's going to be tough for sure, there are some darn strong teams out there, but so are we and we have experience, lots of it. I think we'll reach the finals, go down 3-0 only to come back and win 4-3. History is made, everyone is happy. Yey!

Now I have to write an essay on Andrei Platonov. Is the perchanse an expert in Soviet writers sneaking around here that I can talk to?!

platonov.png

Take care, all!

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK

Barkov girlfriend confirmed Marie Bouzkova... was this known info?

My thoughts process:
1. Barkov is in Wimbledon!! That's only a few miles away - I CAN FINALLY STALK HIM!!!!
2. Barky has a girlfirend??!!! Grrrr. But I think I could take her: I means, she's a professional athlete and I'm a ... Moving on.
3. To bf: "Honey - fancy a trip to Wimbledon this weekend?"

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Who and why? Ahl probably 🤷

Grew up in Plantation, cool

Reactions: Pink Panther

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
My thoughts process:
1. Barkov is in Wimbledon!! That's only a few miles away - I CAN FINALLY STALK HIM!!!!
2. Barky has a girlfirend??!!! Grrrr. But I think I could take her: I means, she's a professional athlete and I'm a ... Moving on.
3. To bf: "Honey - fancy a trip to Wimbledon this weekend?"
Still a few hours away from me. But I will be watching Barky's gf to see if you attack her 🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad