GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
ENOUGH WITH THIS BLASPHEMY!!!!! Stupid is as stupid does!!

Benny isn't going anywhere!! He can move
ENOUGH WITH THIS BLASPHEMY!!!!! Stupid is as stupid does!!

Benny isn't going anywhere!! He can move down to the 3rd line if need be after this year.

down to the 3rd line if need be after this year.
He could but he won’t get paid the shit town contract. We could maybe give him 30M when other teams will give 50M. That’s a lot of money to leave on the table for the family.

Reino traded off like 80M for 69M which is a lot less wealth to give up (especially given taxes.)*

* Assuming Reino would have received 11M per year times 7 and then signed for like 3M afterwards

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Possible that they waive both and go minimum at blueline.
Last year they kept Mahura on the pressbox "bench" until needed till injury. Guess we'll see if Bjornfot impresses enough for them not to risk waiving him.

I'd think that Kiersted is the first one to get called up as he's 26yo and probably plateaued in his development á la Mahura/Carlsson.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He could but he won’t get paid the shit town contract. We could maybe give him 30M when other teams will give 50M. That’s a lot of money to leave on the table for the family.

Reino traded off like 80M for 69M which is a lot less wealth to give up (especially given taxes.)*

* Assuming Reino would have received 11M per year times 7 and then signed for like 3M afterwards
As Reinhart and Forsling showed though, it’s not just about the money…

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
OMG…

Love that signing !

Don’t love what it means for this year though…

But Lundy is gonna be a freaking bargain comes year-2 of that deal, you can bet on it ! And we keep him happy by not bridging him… Gotta say… His performance in the last two playoffs really earned him that fat paycheck !

Happy for Anton… Less happy for the Panthers 24-25 !
AAV is what I have been saying. He can't earn less than Knight. Term however is favorable to the club. I thought he signs for 5 years.

What this means for this year? First of all, new guys need to take a bigger role and something happens when injuries take place or at the TDL. I am not too worried.

Also Bennett isn't going to resign. I wrote some days ago that Lundy is going to be 2C and Benny gets a Monty type of a deal somewhere.

Now Tarasenko signs somewhere and comes back at the TDL?

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland

Exactly. Unless he has a Klingberg type of an agent that turns down 7 x $7m and after a while he'll be available for peanuts. If I was Benny, I'd do exactly what Monty did. They are champions already and need one big contract to secure rest of their lives.

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
Bennet isn't staying: he hasn't earned the money of the other players and can really set his family up with taking a giant contract. We won't be able to give him 50M over 7-8 years as a 3C, but someone will pay that

Verhaege is more likely to stay: wingers get paid less in the market and we will have a top 6 role for him, so we could afford to pay him like 6-7.5

I agree and if Zito does too I wonder if he is the piece he moves him in the offseason. Fill RD and get a 3C somehow. Lundell is ready to move up.

Reactions: violaswallet

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
Benny will get between 6.5 and 7m x 4 next year from US. He just turned 28 and he is a very important part of the team's success.

The douchebag #3 buyout of $1,241,667 is off the books and we will be able to use that and the current Benny contract of $4,425,000 for a total of $5,666,667, and the cap will increase at least by 2 - 4 million next year.

Fat Boy will be off the books to allow this and the Swaggy contract (probably 7-7.5m).

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Benny will get between 6.5 and 7m x 4 next year from US. He just turned 28 and he is a very important part of the team's success.

The douchebag #3 buyout of $1,241,667 is off the books and we will be able to use that and the current Benny contract of $4,425,000 for a total of $5,666,667, and the cap will increase at least by 2 - 4 million next year.

Fat Boy will be off the books to allow this and the Swaggy contract (probably 7-7.5m).
Cap will go up by $4m but Verhaeghe is going to earn $8-8.5. I think he resigns already this summer.

Reactions: harv33173

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Really happy that we signed Lundell long-term. Money is a bit high for what he is right now but it's six years; he'd be stupid to take less. Giving him a bridge contract today could have become really expensive down the road.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

After a team wins the Stanley Cup, the roster is bound to change. With extensions coming for players on the Florida Panthers, general manager Bill Zito appears to be shopping Aaron Ekblad.

It has become more evident that Gustav Forsling and Brandon Montour are more impactful in Florida, but Ekblad is paid the most. David Pagnotta reported that Ekblad is willing to take a hometown discount, but the assistant captain of the Panthers is still being shopped regardless.

While there were three teams mentioned, including the Nashville Predators, Utah HC, and the Toronto Maple Leafs, the latter two have since made moves to address the need for a top pairing/top-4 defenseman. Utah traded for both Mikhail Sergachev and John Marino while the Maple Leafs acquired the rights to Chris Tanev.

Reactions: harv33173

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Three day old news in free agency period may as well be 3 months old. I'm guessing he was probably shopped and Zito checked replacement options, but didn't like what he was offered or saw.

As I've said all along, we'll most likely run out his contract and then see where things stand. If he can get a good season with some health, I see us signing him to something around $5M AAV.

305Pantera

Jun 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
I do like the fact Schmidt is familiar with PoMo puck and he essentially wanted to come here to play PoMo puck.

As much as talent is necessity, there is also a huge importance towards the ability to read the play and the will to make it happen. We havent had the best talent on the back end, and it is rare that teams without a Norris favorite/candidate win the cup. Even the Capitals had Carlson finish top 5 the year they won.

For the PP, shit it's hopeless anyway so just dont give up SHGs lmao
Man, I have to apologize fellow Cats fans. I totally jinxed our PP. I started to THINK, "WOW how amazing, for once in as long as I can remember, our PP was actually producing PPG's!" LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad