GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

305Pantera

Jun 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Love Eky… Unlike you…

But I do think that this is the move to make to keep our window open as wide as possible !

Zito has already brought back the whole left-side of our D, and they all are some of our unsung heroes: Forsling, Mikkola, Kulikov.

If you move Aaron, yes it means we would change half our D, but it also means we can basically run and keep our top-9 as it is for the near future AND long-term !

I feel we should do it… And I think Zito knows too !
Mikkola was great for us, especially noticeable earlier in the year when we were shorthanded at D. Was pleasantly surprised with his play this past season.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Lundell's defensive game is already superb. He did look like his offensive game was starting to break out during the back half of the season, and he's been a playoff warrior in two straight Finals runs. I think this is going to be a great, great contract for the Panthers. We joke about Cardio Line, but Cardio Line saved our bacon in the playoffs.

A quick look at what people are saying in other places should make you feel better about this, if you feel like it's a bit of an overpay. Lot of folks calling it a steal for the Panthers. Lundell is pretty highly regarded around the NHL.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lundell contract is kind of impossible to grade right this second. I love the six year term, but the 5M AAV is to be determined. If he takes the next step, then it's similar to Barky/Huby contracts that aged really nicely and were great for a long time.

My initial reaction is it's too much money, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Bennet isn't staying: he hasn't earned the money of the other players and can really set his family up with taking a giant contract. We won't be able to give him 50M over 7-8 years as a 3C, but someone will pay that

Verhaege is more likely to stay: wingers get paid less in the market and we will have a top 6 role for him, so we could afford to pay him like 6-7.5

Reactions: I am not exposed

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
Buys out 2 UFA years. It's pretty fair
Keep hearing about the No Tax states and how unfair it is with players signing for 80% of their value. Funny how we never heard that BS when we sucked ass for so many years. Maybe it’s top notch ownership with a plan. A perennial GM of the Year candidate, a great coach. But go ahead all you northern teams, keep bitchin & moaning, its music to our Stanley Cup Champion ears!!

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Mikkola was signed for three years, you Idiot !
thank god im an idiot, phew

Bennet isn't staying: he hasn't earned the money of the other players and can really set his family up with taking a giant contract. We won't be able to give him 50M over 7-8 years as a 3C, but someone will pay that

Verhaege is more likely to stay: wingers get paid less in the market and we will have a top 6 role for him, so we could afford to pay him like 6-7.5
were it not for injury concern id keep benny over swaggy if it were to come down to it

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Love Eky… Unlike you…

But I do think that this is the move to make to keep our window open as wide as possible !

Zito has already brought back the whole left-side of our D, and they all are some of our unsung heroes: Forsling, Mikkola, Kulikov.

If you move Aaron, yes it means we would change half our D, but it also means we can basically run and keep our top-9 as it is for the near future AND long-term !

I feel we should do it… And I think Zito knows too !

dg241et7.jpg

Even if Zito considers Ekblad a top5 talent, imo there's no way he's paying top dollar to a dman who's that slow and keeps piling up injuries to his medical history.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
It'll be really interesting to see what happens with Ekblad. We need that cap space for Verhaeghe and/or Bennett next year. But like, how do we replace Ek longterm? Do we hope Bob retires after this year?
I keep seeing people talk about Bob retiring. Why the hell would he walk away from 6 million dollars? He likes the team, he’s a fanatic about being in shape and he loves hockey this isn’t a broken down Luo walking away from a couple years at million dollars so he can move into the front office.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I keep seeing people talk about Bob retiring. Why the hell would he walk away from 6 million dollars? He likes the team, he’s a fanatic about being in shape and he loves hockey this isn’t a broken down Luo walking away from a couple years at million dollars so he can move into the front office.
I said hope lol. Fair enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad